Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bar Towel Indentification Merchandise

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

With the festival season coming quickly upon us, I'm faced with a problem: how do I recognize fellow bar towellers? A knowing look? A secret handshake? A way of holding a beer? How about something more tangible? A t-shirt, a golf-shirt or, perhaps, a button-down oxford shirt with the Bar Towel logo elegantly stitched on the left breast?

If there is an interest--and, of course, if Cass agrees--I'm willing to look into having something done up. I'm not exactly sure of the cost, though I anticipate anywhere from $20-$40 depending on what we order and the quantity (We would need a minimum order of 10/15 to make this at all feasible).

Any thoughts? Interest?

Cheers, Joe

PS Is it toweller or toweler?

PPS Sorry for all the edits but I apparently can't type.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jcappadocia on 2002-03-15 17:32 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jcappadocia on 2002-03-15 17:32 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jcappadocia on 2002-03-15 17:33 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jcappadocia on 2002-03-15 17:33 ]</font>

Publican

Post by Publican »

Joe, I would be intrested in a T-shirt or Golf shirt as long as the cost for the T-shirt dosen't exceed $20 and the Golf shirt $40. I think the most obvious product to have a bar towel logo on it would be a bar towel itself.

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

Wouldn't a bar towel would be difficult to wear? :wink:

hop_head

Post by hop_head »

How about a simple pin.

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

When I get T-shirts made for the brewery, I usually order the minimum lot (72). The total cost is around $10.00-11.00 per shirt including design. I choose the "Fruit of the Loom" next to finest quality weight.
Also,a simple printed logo would be easy to do and could even be done on you PC's.

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

Perry: Considering that there are only 78 users, we are going to have to order a lot less than 72 shirts. So, unless somebody is prepared to bankroll this venture, we'll probably be looking at around $20 cost for the shirt. I personally prefer the stitching to the transfers. It looks better and lasts longer.

So you do shirts, eh? Let me know when you do glasses. I'd love to have a Scotch Irish Glass. I'm trying to focus my collection on Canadian Micros.

Hop_head: Wouldn't a pin hurt? :lol: Seriously, a pin is not a bad idea. I'd go for it. However, judging by the response, it looks like this idea won't fly.

Cheers, Joe.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Hey guys,

I would love to do up some Bar Towel merchandise. I've often considered it, but I never thought there was much interest in it!

The item I've always wanted to do was a golf shirt - it's a bit more classy and durable than just a t-shirt. I envisioned a dark blue shirt, with a nice embroidered logo. Perfect for festivals and everyday beer connoisseuring :smile:

Joe, if you would like to look into how much it would cost for a small order (10-20) that would be great.

I would gladly bankroll the entire order out of my 'marketing budget' if the price wasn't too much.

When they're produced, I would happily re-sell them to those interested at the forum (at a 'members-only' discount, of course!)

As for the other items, I agree Bar Towel bar towels would be cool. They have always been 3rd on my list (coasters first & shirts second).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cass on 2002-03-18 16:59 ]</font>

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

Cass, I had some light denim button down shirts done with my company name stitched on them. They cost about $22.00 each to produce.
I ordered them to wear myself as I usually wear that type of shirt and they were cheaper than buying them at a regular store.
You might want to consider this. Either way, put me down for any type of shirt you get done.

Chris

Post by Chris »

I like the idea of light button down shirts...with a nice embroidered Bar Towel logo! Classy and doesn't attract TOO much attention...

rabbit

Post by rabbit »

How about a multi-coloured beanie with a small propeller on it....easy to spot in crowds.

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

I got a little bit of information.

The golf shirt would cost $22-27 and the oxford would cost $32-$37. We still have some outstanding issues regarding the logo to work out. Once that's done I can firm up the price. Another consideration might be to mark up the prices slightly to help Cass offset any expenses he might incure running the site.

If you are interested in either option, please let me know, either privately or here in the forum.

Also, once everything is set up, I might be able to accomadate special orders for clothing (sorry no beanies). The prices will rise accordingly.

Cheers, Joe.

Chris

Post by Chris »

Either option would be great...mark me down for one.