Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Gift Packs

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

We sell glassware for most of our Belgians...Duvel is $6...too bad it's been a few years since we had a Duvel Gift Box on the market as the glasses cost considerably less when they're part of a pack.

espritagencies@sympatico.ca

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

esprit wrote:We sell glassware for most of our Belgians...Duvel is $6...too bad it's been a few years since we had a Duvel Gift Box on the market as the glasses cost considerably less when they're part of a pack.

PLUS those big Duvel bombers age extremely well. My last ones developed a lovely wine-like character.

$6.00 for a Duvel tulip is still a nice deal - the ultimate tasting glass, I like it for stouts and Tripels, etc.
In Beerum Veritas

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

lister wrote:Whoever designed the lcbogifts website needs beatings.
And what's with the registration? It won't take any REAL email addresses... just doughhead@crapmail.com

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Picked up the Sam Smith's selection box today!
Wasn't really paying attention, but a few others I saw out:
An Okocim 6-pack w glass...looked interesting...anybody know more about it?
The Budels pack
A Fischer holiday pack
Some other commercial stuff like Corona, etc.
Didn't see St Bernadus...or anything else that caught my eye, but as I said, wasn't looking too hard, just stumbled upon these.

Any word on when some of the other winter stuff will start showing up such as Duvel, Westmalle, Orval? I'll out of the country in 2 weeks until holiday time, and don't want to miss out!

On another note...is Barbar going to be out again this year, I did quite enjoy it last year as well.

Cheers!

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Duvel is not part of any Winter promo, it's a year-round item. If you mean a gift box, they didn't buy one this year. Westmalle Tripel and Orval are part of the Winter promo which doesn't start until early December. Barbar was not purchased this year but we'll be bringing in another Consignment order which should arrive in January.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

PLUS those big Duvel bombers age extremely well. My last ones developed a lovely wine-like character.
It's been a few years now but I too aged one of those Duvel bombers for a few years and the results were magnificent. Highly recommended. Plus the lovely glass.

Gunny

Post by Gunny »

midlife crisis wrote:
It's been a few years now but I too aged one of those Duvel bombers for a few years and the results were magnificent. Highly recommended. Plus the lovely glass.
Do you guys mean a 75cl bottle or a 1.5L magnum? :-?

DougShoemaker

Post by DougShoemaker »

Picked up the Boucanier 6 pack yesterday.
Always fun to get some new ones.

Happy hunting, Cheers, Doug

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Can those who have been pciking up the gift packs please mention the LCBO locations where they are finding them? None of the packs are appearing in the inventory search on the website, so I want to find out where I should go looking.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Yes mentioning a location would be nice. I was at the Yonge & Eglinton and Leaside LCBOs on the weekend and they had no gift packs out yet.
Last edited by lister on Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
lister

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Gunny wrote:
midlife crisis wrote:
Do you guys mean a 75cl bottle or a 1.5L magnum? :-?
Well a 'bomber' is 75 cl I believe (65 cl is a 'bomber' too maybe? Not sure.) Either way, you're good to go (more so potentially with a 150cl magnum for long ageing, I'm no expert though.)
In Beerum Veritas

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Oh yes and St Bernardus, lots of it at Queen's Quay my friends (a mixed-5 pack, don't worry they seem to all be great so far.)

I know where my winter Beer Budget is being allocated!
In Beerum Veritas

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

GregClow wrote:Can those who have been pciking up the gift packs please mention the LCBO locations where they are finding them? None of the packs are appearing in the inventory search on the website, so I want to find out where I should go looking.
Never mind - the packs are now appearing on the web inventory search. I guess it just took a couple of days for them to filter through the system.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

We don't normally carry the 750ml Duvel but we do have shipment of Magnums coming in shortly but you have to buy 6 of them.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

I think a 'bomber' is 22 oz (650 mL).

I'm not sure how that strange size originated... perhaps it's larger than an imperial pint, so the drinker gets bombed?

Or maybe it comes from 'boam' as in jeroboam or rehoboam?

Anyway, the Southdale LCBO in London seems to have all the gift boxes!