Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Gift Packs

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Wheatsheaf

LCBO Gift Packs

Post by Wheatsheaf »

I'm not sure if the complete list is up yet, but these are among the recently listed items on http://www.lcbogifts.com:

ERDINGER BAVARIA GIFT PACK $9.95
DE KONINCK GIFT PACK $13.95
BUDELS BEER GIFT BOX $13.90
PETRUS GIFT PACK $15.95
AFFLIGEM COMBI-PACK $14.95
EXCLUSIVE BELGIAN ALES (Van Steenberge) $14.95
CHRISTOFFEL BLOND BIG DUTCH JUG $28.15

...plus all the usual stuff that you would expect to see, everything from Heineken magnums to Historic Ales of Scotland.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I wonder if the Erdinger will be more than one beer or just the regular wheat with a glass?

HogTownHarry

Post by HogTownHarry »

I don't know if anyone else knows about this, but I just stumbled onto this

http://www.lcbogifts.com

website. It has details of these gift packs. Pretty thin haul this year (I'll get a couple of the De Konnick and the Affligem, but the rest ... the Budel's is pretty punk and I've had the others.

Where's my Sam Smith's box?!!!!! It isn't Christmas at the LCBO without another dozen Samuel Smith pint glasses to store away (I have at least 20 now).

- Harry

mds

Post by mds »

JerCraigs wrote:I wonder if the Erdinger will be more than one beer or just the regular wheat with a glass?
Judging by the picture it looks like it includes the Dunkelweizen

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Gone is the La Trappe, sadly.

The Van Steenberge are not bad all-round. A must-try for all.

I'm curious what Belgian singles they will offer - wouldn't it be great if they had one or two classics not featured last year? St. Bernardus or Achel Extra would be a nice start.
In Beerum Veritas

Mississauga Matt

Post by Mississauga Matt »

That Erdinger set is a pretty good deal. Too bad it doesn't include Pikantus, which is a more appropriate beer for winter than the weissbier.

A lot of repeats; I guess I'll be getting back-up glasses.
Last edited by Mississauga Matt on Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guess what? I got a fever. And the only prescription ... is more cowbell!

Wheatsheaf

Post by Wheatsheaf »

HogTownHarry wrote:I don't know if anyone else knows about this, but I just stumbled onto this

http://www.lcbogifts.com

website.
Hmmm...where do I know that url from?
Wheatsheaf wrote:these are among the recently listed items on www.lcbogifts.com
Ah, I thought it looked familiar. :wink:

Not the best selection, but it's OK. The De Koninck set looks pretty interesting, and it'll be nice to add a few bollekes to the glassware collection. With Orval and Rochefort 8 arriving at around the same time, I'm not going to complain too much. But I still remember the St. Bernardus set we got years ago; it would be nice to see that one again.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Missing from the list are the following from Esprit:

SAMUEL SMITH'S SELECTION BOX (3 X 550ML + GLASS)
ST. BERNARDUS GIFT PACK (5 X 330ML)
BIERE DE BOUCANIER MIXED PACK (3 X 2 OF DIFFERENT BEERS PRODUCED UNDER CONTRACT BY VAN STEENBERGE).

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

As for singles, a previous post listed all of the Winter beers coming out at the same time...ours included Samuel Smith's Winter Welcome, Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout, Westmalle Tripel, Chimay White, Rochefort 8 and Orval so there'll be lots of good stuff out there come the end of November.

HogTownHarry

Post by HogTownHarry »

"Hmmm...where do I know that url from? "

I WISH I could claim irony here ... but as it wasn't <u>underlined</u> I didn't notice it.

d'

'oh.

Bobbyok
Bar Fly

Post by Bobbyok »

Wheatsheaf wrote:But I still remember the St. Bernardus set we got years ago; it would be nice to see that one again.
esprit wrote:Missing from the list are the following from Esprit:
ST. BERNARDUS GIFT PACK (5 X 330ML)
Ask and ye shall receive... :lol:

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

esprit wrote:BIERE DE BOUCANIER MIXED PACK (3 X 2 OF DIFFERENT BEERS PRODUCED UNDER CONTRACT BY VAN STEENBERGE).
I assume this will include the following beers:

La Bière du Boucanier Blonde
La Bière du Boucanier Dark
La Bière du Boucanier Red

Looks like they'll be decent. Nice to have some more Belgians to try.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Whoever designed the lcbogifts website needs beatings. I hate it when sites put everything in a little window and make you click repeatedly through the items (slowly I might add too!) It's just 20 beer packs, put them all on the screen and let me scroll down if I have to. :roll:

De Koninck is an automatic for me. I enjoy their main brew very much and would like to get the glass. Big Rock maybe depending on what the glass looks like in person. The girlfriend is eyeing the Belgian sets...
lister

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Wow, this is all GREAT news. Rochefort 8, St.Bernardus, TWO Sam Smiths, Chimay, Westmalle... kind of a Premiere-smuggler's dream score, I mean FOUR trappists PLUS St. B?! And do you know what these beers cost per unit across the border?

Well done.
In Beerum Veritas

Philip1

Post by Philip1 »

It's been a long time since I looked forward to Christmas but now I can't wait!

Does anyone know of any stores in the Toronto area that sell the proper beer glasses? I'm thinking of the ones for Duvel and de Koninck in particular. Thanks.