Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Amsterdam Brewery

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

old faithful
Bar Fly

Amsterdam Brewery

Post by old faithful »

I had to work this morning and after was walking west along King to get some air. Passing Amsterdam Brewery I saw a sign inside from the door saying that because of "the move" the bar in the building was serving only the framboise beer but that other Amsterdam beers would arrive next week. Has the brewery location been moved? If this was reported here I missed it and would appreciate any information.

Gary

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

old faithful wrote:I had to work this morning and after was walking west along King to get some air. Passing Amsterdam Brewery I saw a sign inside from the door saying that because of "the move" the bar in the building was serving only the framboise beer but that other Amsterdam beers would arrive next week. Has the brewery location been moved?
From http://www.amsterdambeer.com/moving.html -

We are moving to a new location.

21 Bathurst St.

October 2005

Check back for more details as we begin the moving process.

THE FIRST TANKS HAVE ARIVED AT THE NEW BREWERY!

old faithful
Bar Fly

Post by old faithful »

Thanks, nice pictures. I wonder what will become of the King Street facility. Perhaps the original bar/restaurant will return, it was a great bar in its time (Rotterdam).

gary

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

old faithful wrote:Thanks, nice pictures. I wonder what will become of the King Street facility. Perhaps the original bar/restaurant will return, it was a great bar in its time (Rotterdam).
The building was bought a year or two back by the folks who are behind Spoke, the private club that occupies the floors above the Amsterdam. I wouldn't be surprised if they have plans for the space.

Thursday

Post by Thursday »

Right on. I go by both locations on a daily basis on my way to work and was wondering how it was progressing. Looking good!
Beer - the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Damn! So much for an easy walk there and back next year.
lister

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

lister wrote:Damn! So much for an easy walk there and back next year.
The new location is quite close to the current one. Just a block or so west to Bathurst, and a few minutes to walk south from there.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

GregClow wrote:The new location is quite close to the current one. Just a block or so west to Bathurst, and a few minutes to walk south from there.
The walk is do-able, it's just that it's now three times further. (I currently walk to the Yonge & Davisville LCBO and that's further than the new distance to Amsterdam.)

Since I purchased downtown but not yet moved, I predicted (because Murhpy loves me so!) that the downtown TRU and Great Canadian Bagel would disappear and I was right. Sometimes I hate being right! :-? The only good thing to have happened is the opening of a nearby Shoppers Drug Mart (though not 24 hours which baffles me since there's so many condos in the area.) I'm currently hoping that MEC leaves and is replaced by a grocery store much to the chagrin of my girlfriend. Hehe. I can dream...
lister

DAN-D-MAN

Post by DAN-D-MAN »

The bar at King St.W. and Portland is now called Portland Beer House. Read about it here:

http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2043