Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Academy Of Spherical Arts New Draught Offerings

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Colin @ Canada

Academy Of Spherical Arts New Draught Offerings

Post by Colin @ Canada »

We are finally set to go with our new brands. We have packed up our Labatt's brands and brought in all Canadian brands trying to keep with a Canadian Craft theme as best we can. This has been a long time coming for us and I am proud to introduce our new Draught line-up starting today:

1) Millstreet Tankhouse Ale
2) Blanche De Chambly
3) Sleeman Honey Brown Lager
4) Upper Canada Pale Ale
5) Black Oak Nut Brown Ale
6) Denison's Weissbier
7) Cameron's Lager
8) St. Ambroise Pale Ale
9) Amsterdam Blonde Lager
10) Amsterdam Nut Brown Ale

Now, for those who don't know December is our busiest month of the year and we are closed to the public on many nights due to the rooms being booked out for holiday parties but are open to the Public in our restaurant for our annual December holiday lunch buffet Monday to Friday between 12:00pm and 3:00/4:00pm. Please always call us if you are planning on coming down to be sure we are open for you (416-532-2782). I hope some of you will be able to come in to sample our new Draught beers.

Colin

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Great news, Colin! I always found the draught selection at the Academy disappointing & confusing given the quality of the bottle selection. Glad to see another bar dumping the big boys in favour of the good stuff! :D

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

That selection of draught, plus snooker? I'm more than a little envious... You locals better take advantage!

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Certainly lots there that I like though I'd nitpick on the Sleeman's. Muskoka would have been a better tasting choice in my opinion. Anyways, the two most important ones are there, Denison's :D and Blanche. Must make another visit sometime. It's been too long...
lister

DAN-D-MAN

Post by DAN-D-MAN »

Colin, I love you man!

You'll be seeing a lot more of me now (be warned) as I'm only an 11 minute walk away from you from my work.
8)

Good timing as Bollicine's (a 2 minute walk from work) is now closed. There's a sign on the door that says the landlord has taken over the premises! :(

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

Thats great everyone and see ya soon Dan. If any of you come in make sure to ask for me.It sure feels good to be offering such quallty brands on draught.
Colin