Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Delirium Tremens at Cooper St LCBO?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Delirium Tremens at Cooper St LCBO?

Post by El Pinguino »

Hey all,
Searching around the LCBO site for some beers to pick up, and I decided to punch in delirium. It came up with over 500 at the Copper St LCBO. Can anyone verify that they have tons of it lying around there? It is the only location that came up, so I don't want to waste a trip into the city if it is wrong.
Cheers!

Gunny

Post by Gunny »

El Pinguino wrote:Hey all,
Searching around the LCBO site for some beers to pick up, and I decided to punch in delirium. It came up with over 500 at the Copper St LCBO. Can anyone verify that they have tons of it lying around there? It is the only location that came up, so I don't want to waste a trip into the city if it is wrong.
Cheers!
Call the store or 1-800-ONT-LCBO.

Steve Spong

Post by Steve Spong »

I was at Cooper Street today and I got 12 bottles. It was ridiculous, really. All very nudge and wink, furtive glances, and secret handshake stuff. I know it's old news, but it reminded me of the silliness of the whole business before. Nevertheless, I got it without any real difficulty. Was it always $2.25 a bottle? I thought that was an excellent price for a great beer. There are still over 400 bottles, so get them while you can.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I'm all over that. 8) 8) 8)

For any who haven't tried it, this beer, while legal to sell, is not sold on LCBO shelves due to the morally ambiguous naming. 'DT' refers to a very unhappy effect of severe alcohol withdrawal, so the Crown Corp LC stores just aren't comfortable with selling it overtly...
_____

post script: had them get half a case from the back, they were all very "wink wink nudge nudge" & when I got it home ----- the bottles look as if they'd been in a ship wreck! All scuffed up, and labels torn and with bits of cardboard stuck to them, as if the case had gotten wet.. Well, I'll try one to make sure it wasn't badly handled, but holy COW I'll be mad if these were mucked with in any way.
In Beerum Veritas

Duct Tape

Post by Duct Tape »

It shows up in the LCBO inventory on the website as having 397 Bottles left. I may have to swing by Friday morning in my preparations for leaving town for Christmas and grab a few bottles.

Later

DT
"If the Women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
-------
Please visit www.OHLPhotos.com & http://www.flickr.com/photos/55976115@N00/

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I'm glad to report the worst-looking bottle had nothing wrong with the contents.

They do not sticker these at all to say 'extra strong beer' so I assume it's this year's shipment and they're fresh. It is excellent!
In Beerum Veritas

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Oh most excellent!
I just happen to be driving downtown tomorrow, and was planningto stop by to check it out anyways. This is some most delicious news. I believe my last DT was last New Year's.
Thanks for the wink wink nudge nudge tip.....and happy holidays to all!