Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Trafalgar's Politcal Party Pack

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

biegaman
Bar Fly

Trafalgar's Politcal Party Pack

Post by biegaman »

A little creative treat for us Canadians (well, Ontarions anyways) from Trafalgar...

Some friends of my parents brought this over for me for Christmas, it is a four pack of 650ml bombers, specially brewed for our upcoming Canadian election. Each beer was brewed especially to fit with its respected party and leader (who are pictured on the bottles - very funny descriptions too). They are ...

Lib Red Lager - Despite years of heavily subsidized advertising, this red lager has not been able to attract a majority of followers. A robust body enhanced with a delicate red hue produces a full-bodied flavour with a noticeable lingering aftertaste. Lib Red is an excellent accompaniment to crow, or any other foods that need a lot of cooking. Strangely, Lib Red has found acceptance in very expensive restaurants.

Old Tory Lager - This American-style lager has been popular in Western Canada for years but has had trouble gaining acceptance in Ontario. Made with American Willamette hops (a less volatile variety) and barley from Western Canada, Old Tory Lager is trying desperately to become the beer of choice. Best served ice-cold, this pale, colourless beer goes best with any family cooking. There are no hidden ingredients in this beer!

Worker’s Brown Ale - There are no preservatives, chemicals, pasteurizing, genetic modifications or any other bad stuff in this beer. Using many styles of malt from different origins, the all-inclusive flavour of this ale is universally pleasing. However, people seem to either love it or hate it. Worker’s Ale matches well with a broad range of bland foods, ranging from macaroni and cheese to tuna sandwiches.

Sovereign Ale - Very much a niche market beer, Sovereign has failed to impress people outside its roots in Quebec. Yet this dark, strong and spicy ale is not as bitter as one might expect. Sovereign Ale stands out from the crowd and should be stored in a separate area from the rest of the beers. An excellent match for Sovereign ale is poutine or a Jos Louis.

I like how the Quebec one is stronger alcohol too!*
Ive never been overly impressed with trafalgar's beer but I am very happy to see something creative like this. Also interesting, they keeping track of how many of each party sell and are tallying those votes. You can check out more here: www.alesandmeads.com

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Any idea if these are actually new beers, or just relabeled versions of already existing Trafalgar products? If I had to guess, I'd say that they might be the following:

Lib Red Lager = Paddy's Irish Red
Old Tory Lager = Harbour Gold
Worker’s Brown Ale = Celtic Brown Ale
Sovereign Ale = Abbey Belgian

Still a fun idea, though. I'm sure it's doing well for them.