Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Great Divide private order interest?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Only figuratively, Gunny.

Pa's been dead for quite some time!
In Beerum Veritas

Gunny

Post by Gunny »

Belgian wrote:Only figuratively, Gunny.

Pa's been dead for quite some time!
I anticipated the possibility of such an outcome. :oops:

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Ok, the pricing is here and it is time to place orders.
But I thought it better to place a question here, instead of "polluting" the pricing thread with questions.

Is anybody ordering these, without having consumed any Great Divide brews?

I'm looking at getting:
1 case of Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout and
1 case of Hercules Double IPA

Pretty sure these suit my tastes the best, and I need to limit myself to 2 cases, so I want to make sure that the Titan and the Hotshot ESB aren't better options.

Can anyone out there offer up a comparative list of sorts? For instance "these beers are available in Toronto....if you like X, you'll most likely enjoy "Y" from Great Divide)

I'm sure the Oak Aged Yeti is a no-brainer. But how do experienced Bartowelers compare it to the regular Yeti?

So......for instance if I said that the robust flavour of a Mill St. Tankhouse Ale was what I was after, what would people recommend??

Thanks all!!

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

El Pinguino wrote: I'm looking at getting:
1 case of Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout and
1 case of Hercules Double IPA

Pretty sure these suit my tastes the best, and I need to limit myself to 2 cases, so I want to make sure that the Titan and the Hotshot ESB aren't better options.
Well, I haven't tried the Hotshot, but I would say that if you're looking for a good session IPA, go for the Titan instead of the Hercules. Both of them are great beers, but the size (650 ml) and alc (9.1%) means that each bottle of Hercules is a bit of a commitment, while the Titan is only 6.8% and in smaller bottles.

As for the Yeti - definately go for the Oak Aged version. Again, both are great, but the Oak Aged has a little extra something that pushes it over the edge into being fantastic.

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

My personal taste suggests that the Oaked Yeti has a vanilla and dessert like quality - it is a massive beer wrapped up in a much nicer package. The original yeti, while good, comes of as way to harsh in my books. Just my opinion though.

The Titan is a solid session IPA.

And just to plug it, since no one else is ordering it, the Porter is fantastic - big, robust, and flavourful, it is on the very short list of mine of beers who use Irish names and imagery and do not suck.

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

I'll second that - the Porter is very good. Its very robust.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Good tips guys,
I'd grab the porter, but need to limit myself unfortunately! Greg....I wasn't thinking too much on the bottle size as you mention for Hercules. Might just have to sway towards Titan, or stop grabbing a coffee & muffin every morning on the way to work, and grab an extra case!!!