Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Great Divide Private Order pricing!!!

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Great Divide Private Order pricing!!!

Post by inertiaboy »

This is a follow up to the original thread about a possible Great Divide private order.

I've received the quote from the LCBO for the Great Divide products. All prices indicated below are approximate and include freight and taxes. When we place orders, a 25% deposit is required. For each product, a minimum of 5 cases must be ordered, so I'm guessing that some of the less popular items may not be available. My order form also included a Laboratory Waiver Request, so I am not certain if ordering 6 cases across various people will trigger the fee on everything but the Oak Aged Yeti and Hercules - I'll contact the LCBO tomorrow to determine this. Once I have an answer, I'll post instructions on how we should proceed, including scans of the order forms and lab waiver.

For the Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout, a case of 12x650ml is $112.20.

For each of the following, a case of 12x650ml is $99.60:
- Hercules Double IPA
- Old Ruffian Barley Wine
- Yeti Imperial Stout

For each of the following, a case of 24x354ml is $73.80:
- Titan IPA
- Wild Raspberry Ale

For each of the following, a case of 24x354ml is $69.00:
- Hotshot ESB
- Ridgeline Amber
- Denver Pale Ale
- St Bridget's Porter

The Hibernation Ale is only available from Nov 1 to Dec 15.

A few links to help you make your final decisions:
- Great Divide
- Ratebeer comments

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

If / When this goes through, I wanna be sure to get in on a case or two. So people, keep me in mind when dividing up orders!!!

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

I talked with Sylvia at the LCBO and she help to clarify a few things for me. Things are actually better than I thought:

1) if all orders of a product are for personal consumption, then the lab fee (now $150) only kicks in if one individual orders 6 or more cases. the fee will not apply if, for example, 6 people order 1 case each. (LCBO rule)

2) for any product that we wish to order, we are required to meet a minimum of 5 cases across all orders (Great Divide rule)

3) the prices quoted to us are based on freight for 25 cases. if less cases are ordered, then the prices will increase. there is the possibility that the prices will be lower if we order more cases, but we should base our decisions on the quoted prices. anything cheaper is a bonus for us.

4) if a licensee or another party wishes to participate, then the lab testing fee applies from the first case and will likely be allocated across all cases. so, I would suggest that we keep this as a personal private order only, as much as I would love to have some of the bars in town participate. (LCBO rule)

I've scanned in all the forms and made them available here:
http://www.inertiaboy.com/privateordering/GreatDividePrivateOrder.zip

In order for the LCBO to aggregate the orders, we must set a cut-off date. As well, we will need to ensure that we reach the minimum order level for each product, so we may need time to adjust our orders if something falls short. So, let's work with these dates:

- by 1pm on Monday, April 10, everyone should determine what they will order and post a follow-up message to this thread to indicate their quantities. I'll add up the numbers to see where we are short.
- by 1pm on Tuesday, April 11, anyone wishing to bump up orders to reach the minimum for a product should post a follow-up message. I'll add up the numbers again, at which point we will drop any products that don't reach the 5 case minimum
- by Thursday, April 13, everyone should send in their order forms and deposits to LCBO private ordering. if you can also send an email to me at greatdivide0406@inertiaboy.com with your name, phone number, and quantities, I'll compile a list to forward to Sylvia so she knows what orders to expect in the mail (the phone number will allow Sylvia to contact you if your order form does not arrive)
- to allow for mail delays, I will tell Sylvia to finalize the order on Wednesday, April 26.

If anyone has standing orders with the LCBO for Great Divide, you should either contact them to ensure that it is part of this aggregated order or make a note in the "Other Information" section of the order form.

After that, we wait until early summer for the order to arrive, then enjoy it during the warm weather.

flip

Post by flip »

Well, let's get the ball rolling... I'd like to order:

1 - Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout
1 - Herculese Double IPA
1 - Titan IPA

Thanks again for the work, inertiaboy.

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

Thanks again for all of your organizing inertiaboy. I will be placing an order for the following:

1 case Oak Aged Yeti 12 x 650ml = $112.20
1 case Old Ruffian Barleywine 12 x 650ml = $99.60
1 case Titan IPA 24 x 354ml = $73.80
1 case St. Bridget's Porter 24 x 354ml = $69.00

I will adjust if some of my picks don't make it, although I of course encourage everyone to order everything I have just ordered so I am not disappointed :lol:

John Aitken

Post by John Aitken »

Awesome job sir, please put me down for:

1 case oak aged yeti @ 112.20
1 case titan IPA @ 73.80
1 case hotshot ESB @ 69.00

Blankboy

Post by Blankboy »

I'm interested in:

1 case of Hercules Double IPA
1 case of Old Ruffian Barley Wine
2 cases of Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout
"Everything's better with monkeys!"

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

Put me down for a case of the Oak Aged Yeti.

Thanks!

Manul

Post by Manul »

3 cases of Hercules for me (assuming no increase in price)

James

Post by James »

2 cases of Old Ruffian and 1 case of Hercules for me.

Maybe more things, depending on whether other items come close to or meet their 5 case minimum...

Steve-E

Post by Steve-E »

Great job inertiaboy. Thanks for arranging this. I would like to order:

1 Case of Hercules @ 99.60
1 Case of Titan @ 73.80
1 Case of Hotshot ESB @ 69.00

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

I'd like to buy:

1 case of Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout
1 case of Titan IPA

And if anyone gets any Hotshot ESB or Ridgeline Amber, I'd like to try a bottle or two. Please send me a private message if you'd like to work something out.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

I'd like to order;

1 case (of 12) Hercules Double IPA
1 case (of 12) Old Ruffian Barley Wine
1 case (of 24) Titan IPA

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

inertiaboy wrote:...
I've scanned in all the forms and made them available here:
http://www.inertiaboy.com/privateordering/GreatDividePrivateOrder.zip
Cool. Just a dumb question: I take it if say we were ordering an Oak Yeti and a Titan, we would use the applicable order form/forms (in this case order form page one only not two) and then jot in quantity and price for those... and for the ones that don't apply, would we put zeroes next to them so it's totally clear?

[I assume you pre-filled all the names so Sylvia can easily recognize & put together the clustered order...]

Thanks for all the prep work!
In Beerum Veritas

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

...and I would like to buy:

1 case of Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout
1 case of Titan IPA
In Beerum Veritas