Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

bottle collection

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Kvasir

bottle collection

Post by Kvasir »

Hello,

I have a bottle collection that I am looking for a good home for. Rather than just recycle it. It is probably over 300 bottle from all over the world, dating mostly from 86' to 97', with a few stubbies and other earlier ones. I can give more specific details and pics if one is interested.

I am located in Toronto. If anyone konws of anybody who wishes to have the collection it would be great. I am not looking for any money for it unless there are shipping costs.

Regards,

Lars

Steve Spong

Post by Steve Spong »

Hey Lars,

I've send a PM, so let me know.

Thanks!
"All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer."

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Ah yes...the beer bottle collection. I had one of those for a few years after university. Then I realized that bottles weren't decor and...they all went in the recycling bin. Women are also generally not fond of such collections. While we might see them as a sign of our various beer adventures they just see them as either needless clutter or evidence of a drinking problem. Funny how that often changes later in life if you have a well stocked wine cellar!

Steve Spong

Post by Steve Spong »

Yeah, I know - I can't bring myself to part with them though. Luckily, I have a bar room in my house in which I can stack the bottles to my heart's content, although I'm really starting to run a bit low on space. It's kind of a fun thing when you have a bunch of people around to revisit beer-memory lane. Although I suspect that in the long-term, it will eventually get a bit cumbersome.
"All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer."

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Ya,
I've never been able to hang on the bottles either. Prefer to hang on to coasters if I see any interestinig ones. Of course beer glassware is where the fun is at (and they're "practical" you can argue)......I'm kind of partial to my Barbar mug and Ter Dolen tulip glass. But the Pauwel Kwak glass/stand takes the cake I think....if I knew where to find one.