Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Great Divide Final Order Instructions

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

JerCraigs wrote:Does the LCBO spread the lab test costs around, or has that just been standarding operating procedure when ordering through an agent?
Good question and I actually don't know what they would do here. My gut feel is that they would spread it across all orders, since the waiver form we signed is for the lab test itself and not for the fee. That would also allow them to deal with only one price for the product instead of having to keep track of who gets charged the tested price versus the non-tested price.

If someone wants to follow up on this, then feel free to do so. Contact Private Ordering at 416-864-6739 or 1-800-668-5144. I have been talking with Sylvia Ramirez.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Of course NOW they decide to put more GD's in small bottles!

http://ratebeer.com/Forums/Topic-46706.htm
Great Divide Brewing of Denver, Colorado will soon offer Hercules Double IPA and Yeti Imperial Stout in 4-packs of 12 ounce bottles, providing more choices for its growing fan base. From the time that Great Divide introduced both beers a couple years ago, they have been available only in 22 ounce bottles and draft. “For a while now, beer drinkers have been telling us they’d like to see a few of our bigger beers in 12 ounce bottles – so to keep the peace, we’re meeting the request” said Founder and President of Great Divide, Brian Dunn.

“Hercules Double IPA, Yeti Imperial Stout, Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout and Old Ruffian Barley Wine have become a very large part of our family of beers, and we’ve had a lot of fun brewing and selling them. We chose Hercules and Yeti to put in 4-packs, so these two behemoths could raise a little hell together on the cooler shelf” said Dunn.
Ahh screw it... I like a case of 12 bombers just fine. (I might certainly have preferred a two-four though!) Doesn't say the Oak Aged, either so...
In Beerum Veritas

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

I contacted Sylvia to check on the progress of the order and have some updates:

1) on Monday, she will review all the orders and request a shipping quote from the LCBO freight department. that should take 3-4 days. the original quote was for 25 cases, so she expects that we will see some savings here.

2) by Friday, she expects to be able to place the order with Great Divide. presumably, she will charge our deposits at that point. she'll give me a call when she has placed the order.

3) it typically takes 6-8 weeks for the order to be arrive, be processed, and be available for distribution. this puts the potential bottle-opening date in mid- to late-July (hopefully!).

We had great follow-through from everyone who said they were interested in ordering. According to the messages I received from everyone, at least 80 of the 88 cases were ordered and I expect the others were ordered as well. This bodes well for our next order attempt.

Hamilton Brian

Post by Hamilton Brian »

Fantastic news. This, and buying grain this weekend...things look great on the brewing front.

John Aitken

Post by John Aitken »

That's great, a few dollars less and a month earlier than I was expecting. Thanks again inertiaboy, and if your talking to Sylvia again thank her as well. Is it possible to get an email address to where we can send any feedback as to the great job Sylvia did ?

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Thank you, o Inert one.

Thank you, o goddess of special ordering at the LC, who is called Sylvia.

"Yea, there was coming a Great Divide upon the people. And the Inert one looked down upon, and said, dude, this so rocks. And the people, agreeing hell yea, did rejoice, laying all manner of treasure in their cellars."

Congrats everybody, let's keep this sweet little thing going with future orders.
In Beerum Veritas

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

John Aitken wrote:Is it possible to get an email address to where we can send any feedback as to the great job Sylvia did ?
Her email address is (after replacing the obvious items):

sylvia dot ramirez at lcbo dot com

Beer Geek

Post by Beer Geek »

Does anyone know if the order has gone through? The deposit money has not come off my VISA yet. Has anyone been charged the deposit?

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

No deposit off my Visa either. :-?

JWalter

Post by JWalter »

Hey Gents, I was curious about the status of the order, so I sent Sylvia an email, here is her reply:
The order has been passed along to a Customer Service Rep and is currently being processed. As soon as the orders are inputted into the system and purchase orders are generated, each of the customer's will receive a deposit receipt that confirms the orders have been placed.

These type of orders generally take up to a couple of months before they are received and released.
Bored Silly? Check out my blog... http://geeksjournal.blogspot.com

Hamilton Brian

Post by Hamilton Brian »

Did anyone ever add the amount of money this order is?

Bobbyok
Bar Fly

Post by Bobbyok »

Hamilton Brian wrote:Did anyone ever add the amount of money this order is?
Based on the original price quote and inertiaboy's case tally above the total is about $8,064.

Hamilton Brian

Post by Hamilton Brian »

Bobbyok wrote:
Hamilton Brian wrote:Did anyone ever add the amount of money this order is?
Based on the original price quote and inertiaboy's case tally above the total is about $8,064.
Wow!!!! That's great...I hope.

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

They're here! (Just got a call from the LCBO)

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

A wrote:They're here! (Just got a call from the LCBO)
I also got a message from the LCBO. Great news!