Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Great Divide Final Order Instructions

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Off to pick up my order tomorrow, to start enjoying for the weekend. Can't wait......it's like Xmas in July!
:D

JWalter

Post by JWalter »

Excellent News! I have to say though, that I'm not suprised. I had a similar, very positive experience when I did the private order for Sierra Nevada (much smaller order). Let's be sure to send our thanks to Sylvia, and Inertia Boy - would it be appropriate to offer them both a collective 'gift' of some sort, everyone who is interested could do a PayPal transfer of say $5 to (Inertia Boy?), he can split it 50/50, do whatever he wants with his half (Like buy a pint or two!) and then pick up a "Thank You" card and perhaps a gift card for Sylvia and mail it off to her? Perhaps I'm going overboard, but if we appreciate all this work, let's show it... I'd be more than happy to chip in $5!! This is totally awesome, long may it continue!

I'm off on my "Premier Gourmet / KOA Camping Trip" this weekend, forecast is for Thunderstorms, but we've got a "Kabin" and some IPA, so I'll be happy! I'll post a review next week on all the goodies I pick up!!! Cheers!
Bored Silly? Check out my blog... http://geeksjournal.blogspot.com

Wheatsheaf

Post by Wheatsheaf »

JWalter wrote:...and then pick up a "Thank You" card and perhaps a gift card for Sylvia and mail it off to her? Perhaps I'm going overboard, but if we appreciate all this work, let's show it...
Was I supposed to tip the guy who brought out my case of Hercules on the forklift, too? :wink:

Zithal

Post by Zithal »

I've not yet recieved my invoice and I've been trying for the last four days to call the cashier number listed above, but I get nothing but an answering machine.

Is there someone else I can contact for this? Does anyone have Sylvia's contact info?

I'm dying for some Yeti!!

Thanks

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

Zithal wrote:I've not yet recieved my invoice and I've been trying for the last four days to call the cashier number listed above, but I get nothing but an answering machine.

Is there someone else I can contact for this? Does anyone have Sylvia's contact info?
You can reach the private ordering group at 416-864-6996 and then ask to speak to Sylvia. Let me know what happens because my friend is having the same problem. I paid last week and still haven't received my invoice either.

Beer Geek

Post by Beer Geek »

I was having the same problems. I called and just "0" out and spoke to some lady who gave me my client #, PO# and some other number. I then went down to Toronto and gave them all those numbers and picked up my cases. I'm sure your orders are there, even if you did not get a phone call or invoice in the mail, mine was.

I hope this helps, I sure am enjoying the Titan and Hercules these days!

Hamilton Brian

Post by Hamilton Brian »

My 5-case order arrived as I just got the call from my LCBO Local!!!!! I am so friggin' excited...except the whole family is going to Wonderland today. I just hope I am back in time to pick it up! Great Divide, blue skies...life just perked up a little bit!

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

I called the cashier's desk number again today and was able to pay for my order and arrange it's delivery. Now the waiting begins. :)

JWalter

Post by JWalter »

Just called Cashier's desk, easy as pie, she even took my Airmiles #! Ha! I figured I'd just have it sent to my local LCBO, waiting at the shipping dock when I picked up my Sierra Nevada was a pain...
Bored Silly? Check out my blog... http://geeksjournal.blogspot.com

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

For historical record, here are the final prices for the Great Divide order:

Hercules Double IPA, Old Ruffian Barley Wine:
- 12 x 650ml: $5.63 ea, $67.56 case

Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout:
- 12 x 650ml: $6.48 ea, $77.76 case

Titan IPA
- 24 x 355ml: $1.95 ea, $46.80 case

Hot Shot ESB, St Bridget's Porter
- 24 x 355ml: $1.82 ea, $43.68 case

Wheatsheaf

Post by Wheatsheaf »

Don't forget the taxes. Hercules was $79.72, or $6.64 per bottle.

inertiaboy
Bar Fly

Post by inertiaboy »

Good point about the taxes - I'm not used to see it broken out like that at the LCBO so I forgot.

Corrected numbers:

Hercules Double IPA, Old Ruffian Barley Wine:
- 12 x 650ml: $6.64 ea, $79.72 case

Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout:
- 12 x 650ml: $7.65 ea, $91.76 case

Titan IPA
- 24 x 355ml: $2.30 ea, $55.22 case

Hot Shot ESB, St Bridget's Porter
- 24 x 355ml: $2.15 ea, $51.54 case