Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Dogfish Head 60 Minutes

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

JWalter wrote:I'm discouraged from posting my opinion.
LOL! Kinda ironic because no one else discouraged anyone to speak freely.

It's not a Police State or anything here, everyone CAN speak, regardless of concensus. That's exactly the point.

Anyway... we know Lister's comments aren't preventing anyone from trying whatever they like, so it's pretty harmless - unless I'm wrong, and if so maybe the Internet should just be dismantled, hee hee...
( LISTER: ) Glad I amuse you. I find some of your stuff amusing too.
Good! People should find people amusing. We ARE.

And yes - it is entertaining to hear the continuing story of Lister in the Land of Hoppy Beers so keep those coming. :D You speak for the hopelessly hopless.
In Beerum Veritas

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

JWalter wrote:Fair play... No biggie... Lister, no offence intended, I certainly don't want to be seen as starting a flame, I've been posting on BBS's and Forums for geez, probably about 20 years now, so that's not my intention at all... It was late last night and to be honest, I did see the thread as humorous and thought I'd chip in my 2 cents...
I certainly don't see my posting as anything different as the negative posts most of the usual summer releases get. I try to give everything a fair shake when I try them and being a 20 year veteran of BBS's and Forum's too it's not negative trollish "That sucks! You suck! Blah, blah, blah." content either.
Lister - Please, keep drinking IPA's and letting us know your thoughts on them!!, PM me your address and I'll drop by with a bottle of Great Divide's Hercules Double IPA, we'll share the bottle... ;^)
Actually I've pretty much given up on buying IPA's and stouts. I only tried DFH 60min after reading that it is a little different from the usual IPA thing (as my tastebuds find.) And it was a little different, certainly something I liked more than the other IPA's I've had but not enough to make me want to buy more. As for the Herc, I wouldn't want you to waste any of that on me... :)

I'm going to still try both styles the odd time at small events like beerbistro's or C'est What?'s festivals where it's really pointless to drink samples of what you already had/like. At a bigger place like Mondiale there's not enough time nor $$$ to try borderline or normally unpleasant (for me) brews unless something interesting comes along like that banana stout I mentioned in another thread.
lister

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

lister wrote:"Hercules is horribly bitter, hoppy crap!!! It is for idiots with NO real taste!!!!! Your such loosers."
Now STOP that tone of posting, Mister Lister or they may ban you here! 8)

>> Please note Lister didn't really write that quote, it is a joke.

In Beerum Veritas

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Belgian wrote:
lister wrote:"Hercules is horribly bitter, hoppy crap!!! It is for idiots with NO real taste!!!!! Your such loosers."
The "Your" and "loosers" was a nice touch but to have really put the cherry on top it should have either been in all CAPS or had sux0rs, pwned and l33t in there somewhere. :wink: 'Cause that's how the smert peeple rite.
lister

JWalter

Post by JWalter »

Belgian wrote:
JWalter wrote:I'm discouraged from posting my opinion.
LOL! Kinda ironic because no one else discouraged anyone to speak freely.
That was my point... I'm glad you picked up on the irony of it... :) It was a funny sort of downward spiral... Let's all go have a fricken beer, hoppy or otherwise... I'm free for lunch on Monday, is it Beer Bistro or C'est What?
Bored Silly? Check out my blog... http://geeksjournal.blogspot.com

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

On a somewhat related note, check out the following blog related to beer stereotypes:

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Damn you all! Damn you all to hell!

I hereby declare that there are only two kinds of beer; beer that I like and crap. If you are in doubt whether a beer is any good when you try it just PM me and I'll let you know what I think. That way you can all adjust your personal tastes to fall into line with mine. Resistance is futile.

BTW, that's Arrogant Bastard flowing through the tube into Picard's brain.

John Aitken

Post by John Aitken »

lagerale wrote:On a somewhat related note, check out the following blog related to beer stereotypes:
Ok, I guess I will keep my opinion to myself as to the new beer management at the LCBO and the summer release.

( no offence to any fruit beer lovers )

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

JWalter wrote:It was a funny sort of downward spiral... Let's all go have a fricken beer, hoppy or otherwise... I'm free for lunch on Monday, is it Beer Bistro or C'est What?
I'm in for that, sometime. Monday could be a mental day at work but these two places are a short walk.

The Black Oak Cask Pale @ C'est is an astounding fresh-beer experience. On par with a Denisons Weisse.
In Beerum Veritas

John Aitken

Post by John Aitken »

Jon Walker wrote:Some of the strays are still in the stores...either on the wrong shelf behind something else, in the end bin, in the wrong box in the store room or in an employees stash. Bottom line, there's next to none still available for customers in the GTA unless the happen upon the odd bottle by chance.

I think Jon is correct, 11 bottles at Bayview village is now 10 but they don't know where they are.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

JWalter wrote:Let's all go have a fricken beer, hoppy or otherwise... I'm free for lunch on Monday, is it Beer Bistro or C'est What?
Okay... Both are good.
lister

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

I hereby declare that there are only two kinds of beer; beer that I like and crap.
Much the same as I feel about people! I guess that makes me a social drinker.

Beermat

Post by Beermat »

I was in Washington DC over the last few days and had a brief encounter with Sam Calagione of Dogfish Head. He said the LCBO wanted more cases of the 60 Minute but he didn't have any to sell them at this point. He seemed to think we'd be seeing it again in a couple of months. Wouldn't that be nice?

Nick