Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Best Beers Not Available in Ontario

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Off the small top of my head, I'd like to see:

Murphy's Stout, Seems to come and go, haven't seen it for a while
Abita would be nice, but I'm not sure how they faired in Katrina. Maybe the water supply was ruined?
Granville Island Lager
And I will add my vote for Sierra Nevada,

I't been a while since I was in Portland Oregon, so I have forgotten some of the great beers I tried there. There were definitley some good candidates even though Ontario micros can hold their own on quality too.

dhurtubise

Post by dhurtubise »

JerCraigs wrote:Nice choices Dan, but you forget the LCBOs tendency to decide that lambics are poisonous :) We might fair better though, since there are no cherries in those ones! hehe
Actually, De Ranke Kriek is a cherry flavoured Flemish Red. But not every cherry using brewer has had problems with CN- . As far as I know, only Cantillon has had issues.

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald Porter, anything made by Stone, especially Arrogant Bastard and Smoked Porter. Victory HopDevil.