Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

May LCBO Release

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Publican

Post by Publican »

Cass, do you know which beers will be released by the LCBO in May. I will be going down to the Queens Quay LCBO later today and if they have the new releases on the shelf I will post it on bartowel

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Publican on 2002-04-27 12:12 ]</font>

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Sorry, I haven't got the release information yet from the LCBO. Perhaps Peter can assist with an update?

I was at the Bayview Village LCBO today and they didn't have much new.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

There is no special promotion going on in May unless the LCBO intends to promote some existing General List products but nothing new was purchased for May/June. The next special promo is Summer Beers starting officially on June 26th (products will probably start hitting store shelves a couple of weeks beforehand). Esprit products in this promo include Mort Subite Framboise, Mort Subite Gueuze, Brussels White, Victory Whirlwind Witbier, Ayinger Ur-Weisse, St. Peter's Wheat Beer, St. Peter's Lemon & Ginger Spiced Ale.

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

Anyone know if there's even so much as a remote chance of seeing any Wieselburger Stammbräu on the shelves again this summer? Would love to have some on hand when the warmer weather rolls around.

Cheers, Rob

Sac

Post by Sac »

You can still find the Wieselburger at Queens Quay. It still is last year's stock though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sac on 2002-04-28 23:39 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sac on 2002-04-28 23:39 ]</font>

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

Lovely. Last year I did a search for it on the LCBO website & assumed it was all gone when nothing popped up; must've been a Vintages release. If the LCBO had listed it amongst their available beers, I would've bought what's been sitting around while it was still good.

Might just pick up one bottle to see how well it holds up 9 months after the best-before date.
:evil:

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

Hi all:

This came my way today. It appears to be the LCBO's June release, but I don't know how complete it is.

Mort Subite Gueuze Lambic
Mort Subite Framboise Lambic
Victory Whirlwind Witbier
Brussels White
St. Peter's Lemon & Ginger Spiced Ale
St. Peter's Wheat Beer
Floris Passionfruit Gardenbeer
Floris Ninkeberry Gardenbeer
Munchner Kindl Weissbier
Edelweiss Hefetrueb Weissbier
Ayinger Ur-Weisse

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

What? No Floris Chocolat? But that's the best beer ever! Oh well, I'll have to settle for the Mort Subite Gueuze. I just hope the Framboise is out in a couple weeks as I have lambic-loving guests coming to town.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Josh,the Summer Beer promotion is not set to start until June 26th although you'll probably see product start hitting store shelves a week or two prior to that date. FYI, there are quantities of Mort Subite Framboise, Kriek, Pechce and Cassis out there from the last release so you should be able to track some down through the LCBO Infoline. If you can't let us know.

Mississauga Matt

Post by Mississauga Matt »

There are about 10 5-bottle-and-1-glass Christmas gift packs of Mort Subite at the Queen's Quay store.