Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Scoth-Irish article in Ottawa Business Journal

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Scoth-Irish article in Ottawa Business Journal

Post by Tapsucker »

I noticed the following comment in the Ottawa Business Journal article on the Scotch-Irish/Heritage deal:

"Despite his success with beer lovers, Mr. Mason has found it difficult to crack into the Ottawa market. Some of the city's corporate pub chains make it difficult for small breweries to sell their beers on draft, he said. Nor has the City of Ottawa, he added, been eager to have a brewery in the city. "

I'm not from Ottawa, so sorry if the following question is out of line, but... Are the Ottawa city councillors and/or the capital commission really that stupid?

Despite high-tech and graft, Ottawa's economy still relies heavily on tourism. If there is one thing that defines regional distinctiveness IT'S LOCAL BEER!

Have they forgotten the strategic importance John Graves Simcoe identified in local brew sources? :o

It's amazing that our nation's capital can act so much like a backwards small town. I know, I know they are a Giant Tiger town after all, but other Giant Tiger towns celebrate great local beer traditions! :wink: