Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

StrongBow mix

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

swall

StrongBow mix

Post by swall »

A friend turned me on to 1/2 StrongBow and 1/2 Guinness a while back. Found it to me a refreshing drink for the summer. I've experimented with different mixes and found StrongBow and Mill St. Coffee Porter to be interesting.

Just curious to know if anyone else mixes?

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

I've never mixed anything into any beer I've ever drank.

Especially not Strongbow. The whole smell of urine mixed with apples doesn't really do it for me.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

It is know as a Poor Man's Black Velvet. There are various 'mixes' you can add to Guinness; anything to get a bit of flavour from it I suppose. When I was young I remember people putting a top of Blackcurrant cordial into it, and Pernod & Blackcurrant, bitter & Guinness is another one.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Here's a real F0xx3d up one I tried and adored last winetr:

The René Cuervo
250ml of Cuvée René Gueuze, 1oz of José Cuervo Tequilla

The acidity is almost all cut out and all the wooden casky, banana leaf qualities of teh Cuvée Renée just explode out of the glass.

Génial!

boerenkool

Post by boerenkool »

I've mixed root beer with sake - does that count ?

JWalter

Post by JWalter »

Here's a link to a past thread with more Beer Cocktail suggestions, you can also google it and find lots of ideas... Enjoy!

http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1781
Bored Silly? Check out my blog... http://geeksjournal.blogspot.com