Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Beer Recipes

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Beer Recipes

Post by El Pinguino »

Ok ok,
Recipes might not be the most manly of topics, but I'm sure we've all cooked with beer, right? Maybe a bottle of somethign you hated, maybe just some nice mussels to mimic what you had at your favourite bar?

But....I am sure, between all us bar towelers we could create a beer cookbook, or at least a handful of great beer inspired dishes.

I'm not a huge cook, but for me I have used beer to cook mussels (wheat beers with citrusy zests like orange, and darker beers for some full, spicy flavour...pretty standard) and I have also used beer as a marinade for BBQ chicken. No real recpies that I've used over and over though.

Anybody have some must-try beer cuisine that might be considerably ligther on the wallet compared to heading to Beer Bistro??