Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

French Cider @ LCBO

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Wheatsheaf

French Cider @ LCBO

Post by Wheatsheaf »

I was looking through the latest Vintages catalogue today and noticed the following:

Coming in early September is Baron Noire Sparkling Sweet Cider from Normandy's Cidrerie du Val de Vire.

No ratings on Ratebeer yet, but this is what the LCBO has to say about it:
Vintages panel wrote:This traditional cider from Normandy has a bright golden colour and an active fresh mousse. Fresh Granny Smith apple aromas and hints of cinnamon can be found on the nose. It's [sic] medium sweetness and body with intense apple flavours and a frothy mouthfeel.
Price will be $10.95 per 750ml.

Wheatsheaf

Post by Wheatsheaf »

Hmm...looks like it's not the only one:

There's also Duché de Longueville Antoinette (which has some promising ratings on Ratebeer) and Muscadet de Dieppe (both $7.95 per 750ml, although the latter isn't showing any stock).

I'll be looking out for these.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Fantastic news! My exposure to the traditional French ciders has been limited, but I've enjoyed those I've tried, so it'll be great to get some new ones.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

We're also getting another cider from the Du Minot family, in addition to the ice and the sparkling. I forget the name though, hahaha.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

antirealist

Post by antirealist »

If this research pans out, we may be able to buy cider at Shopper's Drug Mart.