Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Holiday packs 2006

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

beergut111

LCBO Holiday packs 2006

Post by beergut111 »

Hello, ive been reading these forums for quite some time but have yet to post . I just wanted to say hi to all and I am looking forward to talking about the beer scene in Toronto with you all .
I havent heard anything yet so I was wondering if anyone has any information on what beer packs the lcbo will be releasing this winter.

Damian

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

I remember reading from esprit that the Chimay 3-pack + glass was going to be included.

Who knows what else!

beergut111

Post by beergut111 »

That just made my day!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

The 6 pack of stubby bottle of belgian beer (taste of belgium) will be back.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

emjay

Post by emjay »

Oh man why did you have to make this thread? Now i'm going to be all excited about this for MONTHS

beergut111

Post by beergut111 »

The cool weather today got me thinking about it.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

SteelbackGuy wrote:The 6 pack of stubby bottle of belgian beer (taste of belgium) will be back.
Yes. I'd much rather know sometime after the FALL release is played out, not now-
In Beerum Veritas

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Any Londoners interested in stocking up on any of the Christmas Gift Packs, whether for gift or private purposes, will see all of them available at the Masonville LCBO starting October 17th, or thereabouts.

i've made sure of this.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Stomp Brockmore

Post by Stomp Brockmore »

SteelbackGuy wrote:The 6 pack of stubby bottle of belgian beer (taste of belgium) will be back.
Which beers are included in this? Didn't pick it up last year. Is this the one with Leffe, Hoegaarden and Stella Artois?

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Stomp Brockmore wrote:
Which beers are included in this? Didn't pick it up last year. Is this the one with Leffe, Hoegaarden and Stella Artois?

Well, that's the shitty of belgium. :)

The other one will have the 6 strong beers like Gulden Drak, Piirat, etc.

the budels one will also be returning, though they leave lots to be desired.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

My fave that I picked up last year was the St Bernadus pack.
Hopefully we get some new gift packs this year, although the Chimay one is worth grabbing again.

StevenThrasher

Post by StevenThrasher »

El Pinguino wrote:My fave that I picked up last year was the St Bernadus pack.
Yep. The St. Benardus pack was great. Only one Abt. 12 in the pack though. I liked the Prior 8 as well. The others in the pack were decent but I wouldn't go out of my way for them.

There is a Abt. 12 Special Edition just out that I'd love to get my hands on somehow. Doubt that would make it into a gift pack however.
El Pinguino wrote:Hopefully we get some new gift packs this year, although the Chimay one is worth grabbing again.
An Abbaye des Rocs gift pack would be great but I doubt there are any distributors in Ontario for them.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

StevenThrasher wrote: An Abbaye des Rocs gift pack would be great but I doubt there are any distributors in Ontario for them.
I think its either Esprit or Rubaiyat, someone brought them in - a couple of bars had them at one point.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

StevenThrasher wrote:
El Pinguino wrote:My fave that I picked up last year was the St Bernadus pack.
Yep. The St. Benardus pack was great. Only one Abt. 12 in the pack though. I liked the Prior 8 as well. The others in the pack were decent but I wouldn't go out of my way for them.

There is a Abt. 12 Special Edition just out that I'd love to get my hands on somehow.
I kind of like the whole St. B range, some to drink now and a bunch of Abt/Tripel to drink later on as it ages (I grabbed quite a few!!!) There are times for every level of intensity. The almost banana-estery/deep fruity quality of Pater and Prior and Watou make these as good as anything for general consumption - and I think the price for 5 bottles was artificially cheap.

If we saw a Rochefort mix pack (6,8,10) I would grab about 10 of those. There aren't many options left are there! Well Koningshoeven or Achel would be more than welcome too. Even Maredsous can be damn nice.

And I agree the StB-12 SE would be neat to try - probably they are competing with Westvleteren for attention. Westy 12 going #1 was part of the reason we saw St. Bernardus last year so it's remotely possible they would bring in the 12SE given the past relationship, no? I'd be all over getting a case of that.
In Beerum Veritas

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Our gift packs include:

Budels
Chimay
Samuel Smith

All others including last year's submissions were rejected...apparently they sold too well. We offerred a lot of great packs this year but they need the room for Rickard's and Corona packs.