Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

esprit

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

We're looking for some feedback on some of the new beers in the Summer promo...what do you guys and gals think of Victory Whirlwind Witbier and Ayinger Ur-Weisse?

Mississauga Matt

Post by Mississauga Matt »

I celebrate summer by drinking wits and wheats, so anything from these two prestigious breweries is a major coup. I therefore extend a big merçi beaucoup to you for bringing them in, along with the Brussels White and the other two Bavarian-style wheat beers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mississauga Matt on 2002-07-03 13:08 ]</font>

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Unfortunately, the "other two" are not ours....so please don't drink them!

Manul

Post by Manul »

I tried a bottle of Ayinger then I went back and got two cases. This is my kind of summer beer: fruity (full flavor) and dry finish. I recommend it to anyone who likes German wheat.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Although wheat beer is generally not my thing the heat wave got me to try something different. I picked up each of the three along with the "others". I have to say that I really didn't find much difference in taste between the Ayinger, Edelweiss and the Hofbrau. Maybe the differences are too subtle for my uneducated palette. Regardless I found all three to be refreshing, flavourful and with a nice, lingering finish. They're still not going to sway me from being a hophead (even in hot weather) but they're certainly a little more appropriate for hot days than a porter or stout. Although I didn't try the St.Peter's my favorite of the bunch was the Victory Whirlwind. It just seemed to have more pronounced flavors and a better finish.

For what it's worth that's my review.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

I've always been a fan of the Whirlwind, and was not disappointed with the batch we got here. A great brew - hopefully it will sell well for the LCBO.

As for the Ur-Weisse, I tried it at Joe's and was pleasantly surprised. I guess I didn't have high expectations for this one, as it was better than I anticipated. Quite nice.

Sac

Post by Sac »

Peter, all of the releases are selling well at Smokeless, especially Brussels White and St. Peters Lemon & Ginger. The Ayinger, we probably have sold already 6 cases since its arrival. You should see the shelves at 217, no Lemon & Ginger and no Brussels White and no Ayinger. So I guess they are well received at Joe's and for walk through traffic. A customer of mine said he purchased 2 cases each of Lemon & Ginger and Brussels White.