Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO 2007 spring release?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Derek
Beer Superstar

LCBO 2007 spring release?

Post by Derek »

Any word on the upcomming release?

It seems somebody usually knows by now. I know it's a couple months away, but I need something to look forward to!

StevenThrasher

Post by StevenThrasher »

Seconded. I'd really like to know as well.

If I'm not mistaken it was the spring release last year that had the DFH 60 min IPA.

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

Derek wrote:Any word on the upcomming release?

It seems somebody usually knows by now. I know it's a couple months away, but I need something to look forward to!
apparently they're scrambling to fill a few holes in the release because a certain importer messed up some paperwork. apparently they're looking to ontario brewers to fill some of the gap.

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

tuqueboy wrote:
Derek wrote:Any word on the upcomming release?

apparently they're scrambling to fill a few holes in the release because a certain importer messed up some paperwork. apparently they're looking to ontario brewers to fill some of the gap.
One of those holes had better not be Dogfish Head 60 Minute.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Actually, I believe it is.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Al of Kingston

Post by Al of Kingston »

Because, God knows, you have to have your frigging paperwork together months ahead of putting a product on a shelf.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

If the importer is who I think it is I'll be curious to hear both sides of that story. Was the paperwork screwed up by them or did the LCBO screw the importer around over the paperwork (as has happened in the past)?
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

Bobbyok
Bar Fly

Post by Bobbyok »

Jon Walker wrote:If the importer is who I think it is I'll be curious to hear both sides of that story. Was the paperwork screwed up by them or did the LCBO screw the importer around over the paperwork (as has happened in the past)?
I'm pretty sure Peter (esprit) has already brought this up. Is there any doubt that it was the latter?

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

To play devil's advocate for a second, assuming the paperwork requirements haven't changed or more hoops added, that certain importer who has been doing this for a long time, should have had their shit together to get their imported beers into the spring release.

For those Ontario brewers filling the gap, I hope we either get some seasonal releases we haven't seen yet or brewers who aren't distributing bottles via the LCBO/TBS yet (hello Church Key!)

(Now I agree there shouldn't be all that paperwork and crap to begin with but that's a whole different issue...)
lister

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Bobbyok wrote:
Jon Walker wrote:If the importer is who I think it is I'll be curious to hear both sides of that story. Was the paperwork screwed up by them or did the LCBO screw the importer around over the paperwork (as has happened in the past)?
I'm pretty sure Peter (esprit) has already brought this up. Is there any doubt that it was the latter?
Here is what Peter posted to another thread back in December:

"Dogfish 60 Minute and 5 other beers which were selected for the Spring 2007 promo have all been cancelled because we did not submit the stacks of paperwork required by the deadline"

In this case, I'd say that the blame can be shared by both parties: the LCBO for having so much red tape to cut through, and Esprit for missing a deadline that they should have known about based on the fact that they've been involved in dozens of these releases over the years.

shintriad
Bar Fly

Post by shintriad »

Guess we'll just have to settle for the 90 Minute then...r-right? Heh, right guys?

(God damn it)

Bobbyok
Bar Fly

Post by Bobbyok »

GregClow wrote:
Bobbyok wrote:
Here is what Peter posted to another thread back in December:

"Dogfish 60 Minute and 5 other beers which were selected for the Spring 2007 promo have all been cancelled because we did not submit the stacks of paperwork required by the deadline"

In this case, I'd say that the blame can be shared by both parties: the LCBO for having so much red tape to cut through, and Esprit for missing a deadline that they should have known about based on the fact that they've been involved in dozens of these releases over the years.
I read that (what Peter said) as there were additional stacks of paperwork added to the process that weren't there for previous seasonal releases. But you're right, there may be blame for both sides on this one.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I really hope the spring line up has lots of pale lagers.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Steve Spong

Post by Steve Spong »

lister wrote: For those Ontario brewers filling the gap, I hope we either get some seasonal releases we haven't seen yet or brewers who aren't distributing bottles via the LCBO/TBS yet (hello Church Key!)
Amen. While this could be a monumental cock-up in terms of one of our (too few) chances to get something new and interesting out there, on the other hand, this may also be a gilt-edged opportunity on the part of local micros to get their foot in the door with regard to LCBO availability. Granted, it's outrageous that they don't have the chance in their own province, but take what you can get, right? Don't forget, the Scotch Irish porter will be available in the fall, so maybe this is a two-barrelled gift.
"All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer."

Al of Kingston

Post by Al of Kingston »

I really hope the spring line up has lots of pale lagers.
That is hilarious. Maybe there is a part of the former Warsaw Pact whose identicality of pale lager we Ontarians have yet to fully explore.