Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Southern Tier in Ontario?! YES PLEASE!!!

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Southern Tier in Ontario?! YES PLEASE!!!

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Does anyone know if these brews are only going to be available to bars and restaurants or through the private ordering system?

Hopefully something (the IPA!) gets picked up as a general listing at the LCBO. They could also use Hop Sun as a great Summer seasonal. :D

Jan Primus

Post by Jan Primus »

Would welcome that with open arms.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

I hope the beers make the LCBO. I'd like to try reasonably priced singles of the Jah-va stout, Big Red, Heavy Weizen, Hop Sun and the Porter. It's a lot easier to swallow a $3-$5 blind purchase than a $10 one at any of the better beer establishments.
lister

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Info from Vlado at Roland + Russell:

"Phin & Matt's Extraordinary Ale, IPA & Unearthly IPA are all under consideration by the LCBO right now. Early next week we will be posting pricing and product availability for private ordering on our website."

Steve-E

Post by Steve-E »

I'm a big fan of the Unearthly. I also quite enjoy the Hop Sun, so perhaps we can get some items on a private order if the LCBO doesn't come through.

wittaker

Post by wittaker »

I really liked the Jahva and would love some more. The Phinn and Matts was good too.

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

GregClow wrote:Info from Vlado at Roland + Russell:

"Phin & Matt's Extraordinary Ale, IPA & Unearthly IPA are all under consideration by the LCBO right now. Early next week we will be posting pricing and product availability for private ordering on our website."
Consideration for general listing or consideration for special releases? Hopefully general listing, considering the IPA is my second favourite American IPA (next to Stone's) and the Unearthly is definitely my favourite Imperial IPA.

Everyone keep their fingers crossed and hope the LCBO doesn't fuck this one up.

Stomp Brockmore

Post by Stomp Brockmore »

If the LCBO takes any for General Listing, they'll likely only take one...so I hope it's the IPA. Because damnit if we don't need one badly! The LCBO doesn't seem to understand that the American IPA is an extremely popular style. But we've been down this road before...

FINGERS CROSSED!

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

This brewer is a great proponent of the "hop back" infusion and dry hopping processes....but the ales that seem most well made in their line skip the hop back infusion...The imperial weizen and imperial red ale have some very interesting combinations of ingredients....guess I'll have to take a trip to Mondial or NY to get them rather than wait for the LCBO to use their blindfolded ouija board method of picking imports.

If they do shelve one ST ale I'm hoping it's the imperial IPA.....if only to see if a 152 IBU ale is drinkable or can be even remotely balanced by a thick malt base.
Aventinus rules!

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

pootz wrote:If they do shelve one ST ale I'm hoping it's the imperial IPA.....if only to see if a 152 IBU ale is drinkable or can be even remotely balanced by a thick malt base.
the unearthly is a fantastic dipa. very tasty and well balanced, tasting more like 7% than the 11% it is. definitely one of my favourite dipas.

Roland + Russell

Post by Roland + Russell »

Hello to all!

It's great to see interest in the fine products from Southern Tier!

While we are waiting to hear back from the LCBO we thought we would let people know that we could try to put together a private order for a pallet or so of beer from Southern Tier. If there is enough interest we could do this, luckily they are close enough that the order process would not take as long as it does with overseas breweries.

We will post prices on Monday.
Thank you for supporting the fine producers we represent on this forum!

R+R
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell

Roland + Russell

For all those interested in Southern Tier here are the prices for private ordering (you can also visit the downloads section of our website www.rolandandrussell.com).

IPA (24 x 350 ml) $54.00 per case

Phin & Matt's
Extraordinary Ale (24 x 350 ml) $54.00 per case

Unearthly IPA (12 x 650 ml) $85.80 per case

*Prices subject to change/new exchange rate TBA soon
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Roland + Russell wrote:For all those interested in Southern Tier here are the prices for private ordering (you can also visit the downloads section of our website www.rolandandrussell.com).

IPA (24 x 350 ml) $54.00 per case

Phin & Matt's
Extraordinary Ale (24 x 350 ml) $54.00 per case

Unearthly IPA (12 x 650 ml) $85.80 per case

*Prices subject to change/new exchange rate TBA soon
Two questions:

1. Are those USD prices?

2. Is that including tax or plus tax?

Roland + Russell

Just to clarify - the posted prices are CDN $/ all taxes incl.
Cheers.
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Too bad the Hoppe, Back Burner and Jah'va Stout aren't available for order. Regardless I'll e-mail in an order for the IIPA and IPA. I've had the IPA in stock for the past six months (it's great) and I'm starting to run out!
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.