Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Why not Fuller's?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Manul

Post by Manul »

We've seen quite a few releases at LCBO during the last years but this is one great brand that's been missing. Anybody knows why is that?

Mississauga Matt

Post by Mississauga Matt »

Sorry, Manul, I've no idea why the Fuller's line isn't made available here. It certainly should be.

I remember when it was on tap and available through the LCBO. I used to enjoy a pint of Fuller's ESB at the local pub. Then one day it was gone. I probably have the story wrong, which itself may not have been right in the first place, but the barmaid told me something along the lines that Upper Canada had a hand in bringing the Fuller's beers to Canada, and for some reason that was no longer going to happen (other Bartowelers can probably give the correct story). It might have been around the time that Upper Canada first started getting into financial trouble.

Anyhoo, this was before Boddington's/Caffrey's/< insert nitro'd Anglo beer here > became so ubiquitous.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mississauga Matt on 2002-08-20 13:17 ]</font>