Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Liberal MPP wants to allow craft beer in corner stores

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

There was an opinion piece about this issue today in the Toronto Sun (*gag*) and accompanying the article was a photo of McGuinty carrying a case of Bud and a case of Sleeman Original Draught. The guy has definitely lost my vote.

I find it funny that he won't support Ontario brewers with his political clout nor his wallet.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

DragonOfBlood wrote:There was an opinion piece about this issue today in the Toronto Sun (*gag*) and accompanying the article was a photo of McGuinty carrying a case of Bud and a case of Sleeman Original Draught. The guy has definitely lost my vote.

I find it funny that he won't support Ontario brewers with his political clout nor his wallet.
Funny, sad, etc...
The LCBO treats Ontario brewers and vintners like crap too. You think beer has it bad, Australian wines get more attention over there than any other region in the world, even our own. :roll:
I understand the Premier chasing the hoser vote (it worked for Harris!), but this supposed policy arm of the governement also ignores this province's brewers.

I say we round up out favourite local brewers and get them to make a series of baseball caps. If we put their logos on a cap we're sure to get the morons behind the cause (They like their extra logo surfaces to list their tribal affiliations). While I'm not sure morons actually vote, the government sure is on their side!

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

Tapsucker wrote: While I'm not sure morons actually vote, the government sure is on their side!
Of course morons vote -- how do you think Harris ever got into office?

BeerMonger

Post by BeerMonger »

I admit to being a Harris fan...yeah shoot me!

The penultimate set of morons were all those who voted in Bob Rae as Premier.

After six months of him even my late, dyed in the wool NDPer Dad was left to shaking his head...

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

BeerMonger wrote:I admit to being a Harris fan...yeah shoot me!

The penultimate set of morons were all those who voted in Bob Rae as Premier.

After six months of him even my late, dyed in the wool NDPer Dad was left to shaking his head...
Both reflect the fact that Canadians vote OUT governments rather than voting them in.

BeerMonger

Post by BeerMonger »

I can buy into your reasoning but to recycle this guy as a Liberal...it's mind boggling...a solid contender for the leadership race even more inane...did everyone forget Rae Days so soon?

But...he does fit right in with the eclectic Liberal mold.

Vet_Fuel

Post by Vet_Fuel »

BeerMonger wrote:I can buy into your reasoning but to recycle this guy as a Liberal...it's mind boggling...a solid contender for the leadership race even more inane...did everyone forget Rae Days so soon?

Ask any of the 40% of MOE staff who lost their jobs in the early Harris days which they would prefer, 9 days off without pay a year OR 365 days off without pay a year and I bet quite a few would choose the former.

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

Vet_Fuel wrote:
BeerMonger wrote:I can buy into your reasoning but to recycle this guy as a Liberal...it's mind boggling...a solid contender for the leadership race even more inane...did everyone forget Rae Days so soon?

Ask any of the 40% of MOE staff who lost their jobs in the early Harris days which they would prefer, 9 days off without pay a year OR 365 days off without pay a year and I bet quite a few would choose the former.
Alright everyone. I made the original cheap crack about politics and now regret it. Let's just get back to arguing about (and drinking) beer.
--tuqueboy

$

Post by $ »

Harris had some notion of privitizing the LCBO and Beer Store if I recall correctly, but too many morons were upset about it. We all lose out.

It's time to end the monopoly on liquor sales in this puritan province.

We need to change the mind of the puritan conservatives, "it's for your own good" liberals and "the unions are in my pants" NDP.