Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Brick 'reviewing strategic alternatives'

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

hops are your friend

Brick 'reviewing strategic alternatives'

Post by hops are your friend »

I saw this today:

"WATERLOO, ON, May 14 /CNW/ - Brick Brewing Co. Limited (TSX: BRB - News) today announced that it has commenced a review of strategic alternatives available to the Company to enhance shareholder value, including, but not limited to, offers to acquire shares or assets of Brick Brewing Co. Limited, a recapitalization review or some form of business combination. The Company has retained CIBC World Markets to assist in the review. ..."

(above text taken from: http://biz.yahoo.com/cnw/070514/brick_b ... .html?.v=1)

The phrase 'reviewing strategic alternatives' usually means 'is up for sale'.

Rob Creighton
Bar Fly

Post by Rob Creighton »

Translation:
The tax jump to playing with the big boys means we have to virtually double our size just to break even with where we were 2 years ago. Big time idea required or someone with deep pockets and an ability to ignore rational numbers and logistics. Frank...jump in here. It would give you 4 plants in Ontario. Come on...you know you want it.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

The review has been completed, and aside from the sudden "resignation" of President & CEO Doug Berchtold, it looks like it'll be business as usual - i.e. no plans to sell:

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/arch ... c2451.html