Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Trois Pistoles - Sold out in T.O.?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Gedge
Bar Fly

Trois Pistoles - Sold out in T.O.?

Post by Gedge »

I'm having no luck restocking on Trois Pistoles. I've visited three beer stores that normally stock it (Dupont/Bathurst, Bathurst/College, Danforth/Greenwood) and had no luck. Anyone seen it around in the last week or so?

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

Gedge wrote:I'm having no luck restocking on Trois Pistoles. I've visited three beer stores that normally stock it (Dupont/Bathurst, Bathurst/College, Danforth/Greenwood) and had no luck. Anyone seen it around in the last week or so?
haven't checked in the last week, but the store near ave. rd. and lawrence almost always has it in stock. think it's 1580 ave. rd.

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

Thanks, I'll give 'em a call.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Danforth and Greenwood I think is a good source.
In Beerum Veritas

Mississauga Matt

Post by Mississauga Matt »

My local used to have tons of it, now it's all gone. Thankfully I had been collecting it throughout the winter.

I scooped up the 2nd last 6 of La Fin Du Monde.
Guess what? I got a fever. And the only prescription ... is more cowbell!

KwaiLo

Post by KwaiLo »

Come to Cambridge. I think I am the only one who drinks it.

dyet

Post by dyet »

You and me are the only ones.... :D

The Preston (Cambridge) Beer Store told me they don't carry it anymore however the one in Galt @ Hwy 8 and 97 carry them quite regularly.

I always get a kick when you ask the guy for Trois Pistoles...either they look at you as a freak for buying the stuff or they get pissed at you for ordering it because they can't pronounce it. Either way, its always an adventure EVERYTIME.....lol

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

I once ordered a 6 and after the guy at the front requested it from the back through the microphone, everyone there could clearly here the guy in the back loudly utter an expletive that rhymes with puck. Apparently the funny french beer with the flying horse isn't kept in a very convenient location at that BS.

Having said that, I am also coming up empty on all my attempts to pick up some TP these days.

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

I believe this, and the other Unibroue delistings, are in some part result of the new ODR (Ontario Deposit Return) Program...
When the Beer Store agreed to undertake the new LCBO returns many argued (truthfully so) that there would be a shortage of space in stores that were NOT designed to undertake that level of return volume.

SO... as result, upper levels responded with the (flawed) solution of delisting products with low sales (which was really only craft beers).

My local store delisted roughly 25 brands. And while my area still stocks Molson Old Vienna and cans of Milwakees Best they delisted all the St.Ambroise, Magnotta, Trafalgar Meads, and of course - Unibroue.

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

FYI, for those in Mississauga, the Beer Store at Meadowvale Town Centre had several 6-pack cases of Trios Pistoles yesterday, after being out of stock for months.
Scott T.
No, I will not "beam you up."

KwaiLo

Post by KwaiLo »

Good to know. My last post in this thread is waaaay outdated. Don't come o Cambridge for Unibroue beer, it has been delisted to make room for empty wine bottles.

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

Just to share, the Beer Store at Kingston Road and Whites (just inside of Pickering) has the Fin Du Monde, Raftman, Blanche, and Trois Pistoles in 6 packs. They also stock the St. Ambroise beers and I managed to find (what must be last years vintage) of Niagara Falls Eisbock!

Duffey

Post by Duffey »

biegaman wrote:I managed to find (what must be last years vintage) of Niagara Falls Eisbock!
How much of that was left when you went?

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

Duffey wrote: How much of that was left when you went?
The Niagara Falls Eisbock was $8.95 for the 750ml bottle. Again, they seem to be last year's vintage.

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

Does anyone know whether any of the TBS stores in mississauga have trois pistoles in stock?