Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Other Canadian Microbrewers to tackle Ontario Market

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

lister
Beer Superstar

Other Canadian Microbrewers to tackle Ontario Market

Post by lister »

lister

wittaker

Post by wittaker »

We would love to make nothing more than multiple brands of small-batch brews and really highly specialized stuff, but the reality is that the system is not designed for that type of product," says McMullen.

Beer Store spokeswoman Sara Taylor denies the chain prevents microbrewers from accessing its stores.

"No brewer is refused entry," she says.
Places order for Southern Tier and shakes head.

2. Wow Mountain Crest what an exciting addition to the Ontario beer scene. :roll:
Last edited by wittaker on Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

Mill Street goes national :roll:

Glad the brew pub operation supplies us with the draft MS.

As for Mountain crest ...just too bad Minhas is exporting the Huber MC brands here and not the mild but passable Berghoff brands.

I'm sure the 'BO will have MC front and center with the other imported canned welfare lagers that give them such great margin. :roll:
Aventinus rules!

kinguy

Post by kinguy »

Mountain Crest was coming into Ontario a couple of years ago as Lakeshore Creek, but ran afoul of the LCBO. One of their big promotions was going to be inserting a 710 ml can in each 24 pack. When the LCBO stopped them, they ended up dumping the, by then, several month old beer into stores in Manitoba.

Calling them a Canadian micro is a stretch because the Minhas siblings bought a brewery in Minnesota (Huber, I think) and brew and ship from there to the Canadian West. I've had a few of their different brands out west, and at best they're lawnmower beer.

If you like Steelback, you'll love Mountain Crest.

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

I hope Mill Street does a better job nationally, than they have been in St. Catharines. About every 3rd time I go to get some from TBS, they are out of Tankhouse. I suppose that could be the fault of TBS, but whenever I ask, they just say none came this week. It's frustrating.