Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Winter Warmers 2007 release

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

detritus
Bar Fly

Post by detritus »

Bytowner wrote:My God this Old Engine Oil is good. Can't blinking believe it. My new favourite beer, hands down. Creamy goodness.
Agreed. Well, maybe not my favourite, but it's damn good. Especially considering that the brand is owned by S&N.

-Josh

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

I see Old Engine Old is also getting some love in the What's Brewing column in the Toronto Star. :)
http://www.thestar.com/comment/columnis ... cle/307069
Scott T.
No, I will not "beam you up."

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Highly drinkable and flavourful - my ideal in a beer. It's well worth the three bucks to grab an armload and you are supporting real beer.

Speaking of that, I better get to finishing off my SI Black Irish Porter some day soon. I wonder if that fine brew will ever come back the same without Capt. Perry at the helm.
In Beerum Veritas

shintriad
Bar Fly

Post by shintriad »

Had me an Harviestoun Engine Oil after taking a month off any booze (a little ritual I do every February, although in the future I might do something a little less extreme), the first Engine Oil I've had in years. Still really good, although something about the water seemed a bit musty.

Followed up with a Scotch Irish Colonel By. I should've broken my beer-fast with that. I'm telling you, I could live off that beer!

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I'm just polishing one off now after scooping the last 4 on the shelf at Brock St. in Parkdale (sorry Greg!) and introducing it to my brother. But besides the Engine Oil, my God what a piss-poor beer selection. Tons of Euro-lagers, and nothing but a few micro selections. I really hope they take note of the special ones that disappear quickly.

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

The old engine oil was a welcome addition and well worth the wait, Seems liss like an old ale then it does a substantial porter with cocoa and toasty character.
Aventinus rules!