Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Perry is no longer at Heritage Brewing

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

PRMason
Bar Fly

Perry is no longer at Heritage Brewing

Post by PRMason »

Hi folks,
Just a note to say that I am no longer with Heritage Brewing. I am now free to persue "other projects" :wink:
Although I may not be directly involved in the beer industry at present, I will keep a keen eye on what's going on and I will pop up at certain venues from time to time. Rest assured, I will be reading this essential resource everyday and I am not done in this business yet.
All the best,
Perry
"Every day above ground is a good one."

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

i'm sure i'm not the only one looking forward to whatever those "other projects" might be ;)

good luck perry. see you around!

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

You've been a godsend to Ontario beer lovers. All the best.

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

I sure hope to hear your name being mentioned in start ups or expansions. All the best!

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Could I hire you to just make beer for me in my basement? I hope the parting was an amicable one Perry and I wish you every success with whatever you chose to do next...like brewing beer for me in my basement. Did I say that already?
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Jon Walker wrote:Could I hire you to just make beer for me in my basement?
Get in line, bub!

(Oh wait, I don't have a basement. Damn.)

Best of luck wherever you end up, Perry. Needless to say, you've got a strong fanbase here who will be anxiously waiting for your next project.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

GregClow wrote:
Jon Walker wrote:Could I hire you to just make beer for me in my basement?
Get in line, bub!
we're going to assimilate him into biergotter and have him brewing with me in my garage :D

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

grub wrote: we're going to assimilate him into biergotter and have him brewing with me in my garage :D
When can I move in to that garage?
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

Jon Walker wrote:When can I move in to that garage?
ah, well in the winter there isn't much room for anything but the car and brewing gear. the warmer months it turns into the brewery full-time and you could sleep on the brewing shelves or under the brewing table. not sure how comfortable that'd be.

though you'd probably be more interested in the basement - where the beer is fermented and stored. i have a nice tripel and a pale ale on tap right now, lots more in bottles, 10gal of old ale aging in kegs, and about 40 gallons in fermenters (belgian pale, PORT-er OHHHH!, pumpkin ale, belgian imperial stout, rye barleywine, jamaican export stout). time to do some bottling and kegging...

Rob Creighton
Bar Fly

Post by Rob Creighton »

You know where my pilot system is Perry if you need to lose control for a batch or two.

Cheers! -Rob-

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Good luck Perry. You single-handedly got me interested in the military :lol:

I hope this isn't some sign that Heritage is looking to fall into the hands of a foreign conglomerate too...

BTW, I've got lot's of room in the garage. I'd be glad to move the tablesaw and put in running water - just say the word! And to prove what a good Bartowler I am, I'll even share some!

co

Post by co »

Come on gents...I think us bartowel folk are being a little unwelcoming with this 'living in the garage' business. I'm more than willing to shack the man up in a guest room. I'm sure that my wife won't mind as she finds me much more agreable when I'm beer-addled.

I, like everyone else on this thread, am eagerly awaiting your next step Perry. Best wishes.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

co wrote:Come on gents...I think us bartowel folk are being a little unwelcoming with this 'living in the garage' business. I'm more than willing to shack the man up in a guest room.
hey, i never said perry had to live in the garage, just brew in it with me. somebody else asked about moving into my garage, which i recommended against. and maybe those that offered basements have swanky furnished deals that are bigger and nicer than either of our guest rooms ;)

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

All the best Perry. Harold and I were just talking about this last night at the Castle :P.

So, now the tricky question: what does this mean for Sgt. Major, Corporal Punishment, Colonel John By, and the various dog-referenced Irish porters? :o

They won't be........discontinued...... will they?........

*sits down with concerned look*

detritus
Bar Fly

Post by detritus »

JesseM wrote:All the best Perry. Harold and I were just talking about this last night at the Castle :P.

So, now the tricky question: what does this mean for Sgt. Major, Corporal Punishment, Colonel John By, and the various dog-referenced Irish porters? :o

They won't be........discontinued...... will they?........

*sits down with concerned look*
Presumably not, as these are all being brewed by Heritage now.

I would imagine it means a halt in the one-off Scotch Irish branded casks/kegs, since I don't think Heritage had much to do with those.

Hopefully, Perry's next beer venture will enable him to continue doing that kind of thing.

-Josh