Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Caribbean Beers, Whoa!

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

denguy

Caribbean Beers, Whoa!

Post by denguy »

I just flew back from Jamaica (and boy are my arms...) where I spent a week soaking up the sun and drinking such fine brews as Red Stripe, Red Stripe Light--on tap no less [or bubbly, yellow water as I called it], Carib--from the can [when ice-cold was quite refreshing in that heat], and the "premium" Real Rock--on tap (and boy are my taste buds...).

I'm just glad to be home to my fridge which has a few Country Durham S.A.'s and a couple bottles of John By.

viggo
Bar Fly

Post by viggo »

Should have looked for the Caribbean brewed Guinness. Its pretty good stuff.

denguy

Post by denguy »

viggo wrote:Should have looked for the Caribbean brewed Guinness. Its pretty good stuff.
I did find some in bottles, but it was a bit dodgy--the caps were somewhat corroded. I stuck mostly to the cans of Carib and kept them on ice, as I can't stress enough how bad that stuff is if it isn't nearly frozen.

crawler

Post by crawler »

Jamaica's Dragon Stout is pretty good.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

There is a "World of Beer" but it's mostly a bad-tasting world.
In Beerum Veritas

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Red Stipe makes a great base for mushroom tea, if you know what I mean :wink:

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

viggo wrote:Should have looked for the Caribbean brewed Guinness. Its pretty good stuff.
Do you mean the Guinness Foreign Extra that is contract brewed by Desnoes & Geddes in Jamaica? That stuff has over the top DMS, undrinkable. I believe the rest of the Carribean gets the real Foreign Export from St James.