Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

He's baaaack!!!

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Rob Creighton
Bar Fly

He's baaaack!!!

Post by Rob Creighton »

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blog ... light.aspx

Sort of like a rash in an unreachable spot.

tupalev
Seasoned Drinker

Post by tupalev »

I'd say you're bordering on obsessed Rob...

Rob Creighton
Bar Fly

Post by Rob Creighton »

tupalev wrote:I'd say you're bordering on obsessed Rob...
Yeh, it's the psycho business personalities (Cascioli, D'Angelo, etc...) that irritate me more than brewing personalities. You either like the beer or you don't. It's the marketing lunitics that tend to cause havoc. :-?

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I am proud to say I have never tried any Steelback product, nor plan to unless I am in a fishing boat and that's just what is in the ice cooler.
In Beerum Veritas

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

At least he's doing some good by donating a share of profits to charity. I wonder why he chose breast cancer though? My wife is a prostate cancer researcher, and at a recent conference with survivors she told me how much anguish the survivors felt that so little money was going into prostate cancer research from the government and charities. This is inspite of a very similar mortality rate. Anyway, its a extremely worthy cause, so good for him (just stay away from brewing).

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Bobsy wrote:At least he's doing some good by donating a share of profits to charity. I wonder why he chose breast cancer though? My wife is a prostate cancer researcher, and at a recent conference with survivors she told me how much anguish the survivors felt that so little money was going into prostate cancer research from the government and charities. This is inspite of a very similar mortality rate. Anyway, its a extremely worthy cause, so good for him (just stay away from brewing).
It comes down to the difference between an image of a woman with one breast, and a guy bending over and told to cough. Which is more marketable?
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

"Entertaining is a hunger I need to satisfy," he (Frank) says. "Even when I first got started, I figured, why should I pay someone to write and sing a jingle when I can do it? It's not that I need people to clap because I am insecure or any of that psychological crap."

Yeah right. He's a shameless publicity whore and everything he does is tawdry. He hawks his CD for breast cancer while featuring big-boobs in tank tops in his commercials.

Artists donate to worthy causes all the time without sending press releases to FP. I hope the Breast Cancer Society of Canada is happy with their $27 per week.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Bobsy wrote:(just stay away from brewing).
He's been doing that all along.

Rob Creighton
Bar Fly

Post by Rob Creighton »

Torstar Sat. Feb. 16th:

"D'Angelo, founder and former chief executive officer of D'Angelo Brands and Steelback, also did not rule out a return to brewing."

Oh, and I'm obessed!?! You always have to be fighting evil. It never goes away. :wink:

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

icemachine wrote:
Bobsy wrote:At least he's doing some good by donating a share of profits to charity. I wonder why he chose breast cancer though? My wife is a prostate cancer researcher, and at a recent conference with survivors she told me how much anguish the survivors felt that so little money was going into prostate cancer research from the government and charities. This is inspite of a very similar mortality rate. Anyway, its a extremely worthy cause, so good for him (just stay away from brewing).
It comes down to the difference between an image of a woman with one breast, and a guy bending over and told to cough. Which is more marketable?
1) Women don't have a prostate
2) Men can still get breast cancer

So obviously a man with one breast assuming the DRE stance would be the ideal message.
In Beerum Veritas

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

Can anyone tell me why exactly Copperhead "Pilsener" is STILL listed as a Bohemian Pilsener on ratebeer? Am I the only person who sees this as a disgusting insult to the good name of the Bohemian Pilsener?

This is one of my biggest beefs with Steelback. You can't call something a certain style of beer when it has absolutely no characteristics of the said style. Jerks. :roll:

Slacks

Post by Slacks »

JesseM wrote:You can't call something a certain style of beer when it has absolutely no characteristics of the said style. Jerks. :roll:
Why not, Labatt's been doing it for years. :lol:

Cheers,
Rick.

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

Slacks wrote:
JesseM wrote:You can't call something a certain style of beer when it has absolutely no characteristics of the said style. Jerks. :roll:
Why not, Labatt's been doing it for years. :lol:

Cheers,
Rick.
LMAO!

Good point. I guess the average Ontarian beer drinker wouldn't have a clue what a "Bohemian Pilsener" is. Every time I even mention the word "Bohemian" to other people, they think I'm talking about the lifestyle :-? :roll: . It's amazing how few people know that it's a region in Europe (well ok, technically was a region in Europe).

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

JesseM wrote:
Good point. I guess the average Ontarian beer drinker wouldn't have a clue what a "Bohemian Pilsener" is. Every time I even mention the word "Bohemian" to other people, they think I'm talking about the lifestyle :-? :roll: . It's amazing how few people know that it's a region in Europe (well ok, technically was a region in Europe).
unless aliens wiped it off the map, it's still one of the two provinces making up the Czech Republic.

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

I wasn't sure if there was still a place that's officially called Bohemia anymore . I think the fact that it used to be the "Kingdom of Bohemia" (or something along those lines), threw me off. I guess I have to review my European provinces :P.