Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Saw my first gift pack today

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Mississauga Matt

Post by Mississauga Matt »

I was down at the Queen's Quay LCBO today and saw my first gift pack of the season.

It was a bottle of 2002-03 Niagara Falls Eisbock and one etched Imperial pint glass.

The price is $19.95.

There's also lots of Duvel and Liefman's Gluhkriek to be had. And 5 bottles of Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout.

Kid Presentable

Post by Kid Presentable »

blast! make that zero bottles of sam smiths oatmeal. and I rushed to queens quay for nothing. but they did have quite a bit of smuttynose robust porter and mcauslan vintage 2000, so it wasn't a complete waster of time. I also saw some cases of christofel gift packs that hadn't been put out yet.

kp

Manul

Post by Manul »

They had those Christofel gift packs for sale last year. I really feel sorry though I cannot buy this beer anywhere in Ontario. I think it's a classic.

joey_capps
Bar Fly

Post by joey_capps »

There might be some Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout left here in Hamilton. I recall seeing it at the Dundurn store. I'll check. If there is and anyone want me to pick some up for them, let me know. It will require a trip out of the city for pick-up though.

Joe.

DougShoemaker

Post by DougShoemaker »

Hi KP,
I was at the Queen's Key LCBO yesterday and they had restocked the Samuel smith's Oatmeal Stout. Good Hunting.

Cheers, Doug

Kid Presentable

I was back today too, but they were all out again. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

kp

Kid Presentable

just incase you need some incentive, the christoffel pack comes with a different glass this year.

kp

Rubaiyat

Post by Rubaiyat »

If anyone has any difficulty finding the Christoffel Gift Packs (which should be in about 300+ stores across Ontario) - or ANY of our beers for that matter - PLEASE call us. Or e-mail. 416 462 1577. paul@greatdrinks.com --- cheers, Paul.