Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

CABA

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Malcolm

CABA

Post by Malcolm »

I went to the CABA shindig upstairs at The Rhino last night. Nice affair, some excellent homebrews. There seemed to be an emphasis on Porters, including an intriguing Black Pepper Porter.
The speaker was Marvin Dyck from Wellington. The real news to me of the evening was the flat-out admission that Wellington no longer bottles the Imperial Russian Stout at all. They brew it for cask only. Bummer. A number of us certainly put the pressure on Marvin to get it back on the shelves.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Damn, I had no idea this was happening. I would've liked to have stopped by, especially since I'm just a few minutes away from Rhino. Gotta start paying more attention to the CABA website...

jaymack

Post by jaymack »

I bought a membership to CABA at the beginning of January and have had no infor whatsoever from them.

I didn't know this even was even taking place :(

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

I recently purchased a membership too, and I also have not received any info. I'm not too worried about it, just check the website, and you should get a quarterly newsletter or something.

However, I did know about the homebrew Porter Competition, looks like a Regina boy kicked some ass! http://homebrewers.ca/competitions_Port ... inners.php

Besides coming on here to brag (I actually shipped the winning entry, yay me!), I was wondering if anyone here tasted this fine brew? I judged it at a local competition, and it was stellar; it took first place at that event too.