Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Autumn 2008 Release

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Speaking in general - I think anyone can express a sense of humor AND be a little tactful at the same time - nobody is asking anyone to be like a robot.
In Beerum Veritas

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

There is plenty of Westmalle Dubbel out there...I called the LCBO today and they are trying to download it to the website tonight and they have no explanation for why it's not showing up.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

does anyone know when we can expect the Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout ??

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

My LCBO source says the 1845 will hit store shelves right after Thanksgiving. I was really hoping to see it before so I could have some for the holiday but...such is life.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

matt7215 wrote:does anyone know when we can expect the Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout ??
That, and the St. Peter's Cream Stout.

I'm really looking forward to trying these. One can never have enough stout. :wink:
Scott T.
No, I will not "beam you up."

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

esprit wrote:There is plenty of Westmalle Dubbel out there...I called the LCBO today and they are trying to download it to the website tonight and they have no explanation for why it's not showing up.
Lots of it there now. 8)
Scott T.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Jon Walker wrote:My LCBO source says the 1845 will hit store shelves right after Thanksgiving. I was really hoping to see it before so I could have some for the holiday but...such is life.
It is in my store right now...we got one case. I put it aside for me!!!!!!!!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

Looks like the St. Peter's Cream Stout must be coming soon. It's now listed:
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/ProductRes ... MBER=96198
Scott T.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Westmalle Dubbel is up on the website today and available in 88 stores around the province...cheers!

devonsleigh

Post by devonsleigh »

thank you, now i have something to do after work besides opening my september account statements, curling up in bed, and having a good cry.

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

In regards to SS Imperial Stout, we had to do a re-quote today so it should be headed towards the stores early next week...enjoy.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
Jon Walker wrote:My LCBO source says the 1845 will hit store shelves right after Thanksgiving. I was really hoping to see it before so I could have some for the holiday but...such is life.
Are you sure? Do you mean the Harvey's 1859? I reconfirmed with my contact and he says none of the 1845 stock has left bond other than the stuff that went to labs for QC. If you did indeed receive a case I'd be interested in knowing the store number so I can investigate further.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Jon Walker wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:
Are you sure? Do you mean the Harvey's 1859? I reconfirmed with my contact and he says none of the 1845 stock has left bond other than the stuff that went to labs for QC. If you did indeed receive a case I'd be interested in knowing the store number so I can investigate further.
No need to worry.... that is my mistake. I was thinking the 1859 porter...I didn't read your post properly. Sorry about that.

Having said that, stuff shows up at stores early all the time. For example we got some wine yesterday that was still on bond......showed up on the load. And look what happened with the recent westmalle.....it wasn't even on the system yet. So these things do happen. but just so I know , what does...."investigate further" mean? I don't want anyone getting in trouble.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Nothing Big Brother in the investigation. I was assured I would get a call when the first 1845 made it out of the warehouse. If you had it first then it causes me to question the certainty of my contact. Nobody's getting fired just because I don't get my beer.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Jon Walker wrote:......... it causes me to question the certainty of my contact. Nobody's getting fired just because I don't get my beer.

Ok I hear ya.

Well I'm sure your contact is just fine. Though like I said, stuff comes in early all the time.