Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Southern Tier IPA / Dog Fish Head - where art thou?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

j0eb0nd7

Southern Tier IPA / Dog Fish Head - where art thou?

Post by j0eb0nd7 »

Has anyone seen these in any Toronto area LCBO stores yet?

I would love it if this could be "stickied" as I feel it is an important topic!!

Cheers,
Joe

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

It was announced some time ago that Dogfish Head 60 Minute has been delayed until at least the late summer due to production/supply issues at the brewery.

The ST IPA and the other three new US beers (Rogue Dead Guy, Anchor Steam & San Adams Summer Ale) should all be in stores soon, though.

j0eb0nd7

Post by j0eb0nd7 »

GregClow wrote:due to production/supply issues at the brewery
Hopefully not the infamous hop shortage!

StevenThrasher

Post by StevenThrasher »

j0eb0nd7 wrote:
GregClow wrote:due to production/supply issues at the brewery
Hopefully not the infamous hop shortage!
I believe it is due to them temporarily shutting down to expand their capacity so long term it is good news.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

They have the well-printed little booklet at the stores - "US Micro beers' .

Booklet has both Headstrong beers in there so I assume Wellington is not brewing them any more? I bought some cans the other day.
In Beerum Veritas

Beer Geek

Post by Beer Geek »

Belgian wrote: Booklet has both Headstrong beers in there so I assume Wellington is not brewing them any more? I bought some cans the other day.
I think this has been discussed, but the cans of Headstrong are coming up from the US and the draught beer is being brewed at Grand River. Wellington has not brewed this beer for a few years now. After Wellington, I think the draught brewing went to Amsterdam who did an awful job of it and lost all kinds of bar accounts. But it’s back, better than ever in my opinion with GRB.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Thanks for the update on Headstrong. That is a pretty strong reason to try the draught version of these beers (Grand River brewed!!)
In Beerum Veritas

Jan Primus

Post by Jan Primus »

That is great news about Head Strong, I will make sure to have some next time I see it on tap...used to buy the bombers all the time. But the whole situation of it being made by any random microbrewery at any given time is disconcerting to me...if it ever gains enough popularity Molson may take it over :cry:

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

Should I take it to mean anything that Southern Tier does not yet seem to have an LCBO listing number? Just used to "in the know" Bar Towellers posting such info well in advance of release.

j0eb0nd7

Post by j0eb0nd7 »

I called the Queens Quay LCBO yesterday and the guy just gave me a "not yet" reply. Didn't have any ETA...

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Gedge wrote:Should I take it to mean anything that Southern Tier does not yet seem to have an LCBO listing number? Just used to "in the know" Bar Towellers posting such info well in advance of release.
The Southern Tier IPA does indeed have a listing number. I have it written down somewhere but alas cannot find it. If you call the LCBO info line they can give it to you. The current status of the beer is that it's through lab testing and is being cleared for store shipments within the next 7-10 days. So, based on past experience, expect to see it in some stores within 2-3 weeks, others 3-4 weeks.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

j0eb0nd7 wrote:I called the Queens Quay LCBO yesterday and the guy just gave me a "not yet" reply. Didn't have any ETA...

At the store level, it is not something we'd know of unless we were paying attention to a particular product.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Roland + Russell

Post by Roland + Russell »

The Southern Tier IPA should be hitting the shelves within the next two weeks. For those who absolutely cannot wait that long, Bistro & Bakery Thuet (609 King St.W) just received a shipment of Southern Tiet IPA and Unearthly. Their new Spring menu is to die for and the chef's Choucroute is really good, especially in this cool weather.

Have a nice long weekend.
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell

Illuminatus

Post by Illuminatus »

Roland + Russell wrote:The Southern Tier IPA should be hitting the shelves within the next two weeks. For those who absolutely cannot wait that long, Bistro & Bakery Thuet (609 King St.W) just received a shipment of Southern Tiet IPA and Unearthly. Their new Spring menu is to die for and the chef's Choucroute is really good, especially in this cool weather.

Have a nice long weekend.
Chaucer's in London also has those, in addition to Southern Tier's Phin and Matt's Extraordinary Ale.

bujubanton

Post by bujubanton »

I guess the LCBO's version of something arrving in May...is for it to hit the shelves in June.
They must be on Island time...