Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Local LCBO blues?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

Illuminatus wrote:
JesseM wrote:Hahaha, what do you mean put up signs? Like advertisements that a new one is opening? I really have no idea when it'll be open, but I can't wait. It's really impossible to tell how much further they have to go. When I saw they'd just started the interior like a couple weeks back I thought there's no way it'll be open this summer, but they seem to be getting it done pretty fast. There's lights on the inside and everything (that stay on ALL NIGHT for some reason, talk about a waste of energy).

They put the big green LCBO awnings over the windows last week. And it's opening June 6th, if I'm remembering what the cashier told me last time I was in.
Oh ok, cool. You'd think having seen that building project every day for the past month I'd have noticed that :P. That's good news though, that it's opening so soon!

djskip

Post by djskip »

JesseM wrote:Yeah I know what you mean. I posted a thread a while back named "the wasteland" on the same subject.
my frustration lies with the fact that I'm specifically AT the LCBO to find select brews. any select brews! when that is not the case, i get disappointed. i'll just have to keep in mind that not all locations are the same and try to not get my hopes up. the one i was at on tuesday is a rather large shop so that also helped get my hopes up.

live and learn and drink!
the hills ARE alive - http://www.thehilllsarealive.ca

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

djskip wrote:
JesseM wrote:Yeah I know what you mean. I posted a thread a while back named "the wasteland" on the same subject.
my frustration lies with the fact that I'm specifically AT the LCBO to find select brews. any select brews! when that is not the case, i get disappointed. i'll just have to keep in mind that not all locations are the same and try to not get my hopes up. the one i was at on tuesday is a rather large shop so that also helped get my hopes up.

live and learn and drink!

I can expand on this a little.

I don't know what kind of store you normally shop at, but if it is a smaller store, like a "B" store, than the manager has less room to play with. There are forced SKUs like the Molbatts stuff, some Micros, imports, etc. Then there is the stuff you have room to play with, but most of the managers or "Beer Guys" will order in stuf that will sell really well. Ordering in new products means printing price tags, listing the sku, finding a shelf spot for it, etc. Not really a lot of work, but in some stores, they just sell the bare minimum that they have to. If you request from your store manager that they should be carrying more micros, they should be willing to help you out. If not, get them to transfer stuff in for you. And don't let them tell you they can't do it....cause they can.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!