Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Torontoblue wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:Just cracked open a FLAT bottle of Angel's Share. Couldn't drink it. What an expensive drain pour.

Followed it up with a 2011 KBS that is drinking beautifully right now.
I was so tempted to buy some Lost Abbey stuff when I was in California last week, but all the stories of flat, off, exploding bottles just put me right off, especially when you're paying upwards of $15.

Anyway, enjoying a 5 month old Alaskan Perseverance Ale. The short amount of time has really mellowed the alcohol burn and brought more of the roast & honey flavours out. Most enjoyable.
I've never had a bad bottle from Lost Abbey. Have 5 or 6 different bottles in the last 2 years and everyone has been a winner. Just lucky, I guess. Took a chance on Angel's Share Bourbon and it was the best beer I had last year.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Half Acre The Chairman
Boquebiere - Spelt Amber
Boulevard - Doublewide IPA
3 Floyds - Zombie Dust

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Last night at L'autre Oeil in Gatineau:

DDC Rigor Mortil on tap
Struise Struiselensis
Liefmans Cuvee Brut
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

At the Spinnerstown Hotel In Quakertown PA for lunch

could stay here all day but the road to Delaware is calling

Enjoying:
Breakfast Stout
21st Amendment Bitter American
Breckenridge Vanilla Porter
Rock Art IPA 2 DIPA

http://www.spinnerstownhotel.com/cwo.ph ... &type_id=1

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/90 ... ba=Knapp85

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

ST Unearthly. From brewery not LCBO. Exactly a week old today. I hope bottles about to hit LCBO taste as fresh. Great IIPA.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Spruce Beer - 3rd bottle so far, and I keep liking this beer more and more...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

Liberty Ale. Still happy it's back. Will have to replenish my 6pack soon.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

andrewrg wrote:Liberty Ale. Still happy it's back. Will have to replenish my 6pack soon.
Wife and I finished off the last two tonight! I think I'm going to try to always have some on hand...

Right now I'm drinking a Monster Ale. I've got another 4 pk that I'm going to put away for a while hopefully it'll age nicely.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Fish Brewing Reel Ale Starfish Imperial Red - Muted aroma of caramel and cut grass, smooth mouthfeel, low carbonation, not sure if all 63 BU's or 7.5% are showing up, but it does have a very good balance with the graininess of the flaked barley coming through, with a short bitter finish.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Drinking a Garrison Spruce Beer while writing some show prep for tomorrow afternoon.

Incredibly unique. Not sure if I like it yet, but it certainly has very robust and different flavour.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Unearthly! It's well, "unearthly"...actually as much as I love it, It's a real familiar taste and I just wonder if it's because I'm getting used the ST beers - is it the yeast, I wonder...

Anyways, for those of you wondering, these were bottled on Jan 10 - so not too bad on the freshness scale...First time drinking this (if you don't count Gemini last year!) Double Hop Head is great, but this is just fantastic!

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

JeffPorter wrote:Unearthly! It's well, "unearthly"...actually as much as I love it, It's a real familiar taste and I just wonder if it's because I'm getting used the ST beers - is it the yeast, I wonder...

Anyways, for those of you wondering, these were bottled on Jan 10 - so not too bad on the freshness scale...First time drinking this (if you don't count Gemini last year!) Double Hop Head is great, but this is just fantastic!
You're right. It's a distinct Soutern Tier taste I've become accustomed to. Anyways started the afternoon with a Gemini (fresh fr brewery) wish this was still at the LCBO I love it. Then went to Jack Astors for dinner. Had a hip Coty barking squirrel and Sam Adams winter lager. Back home now having a double hophead. It's great but like Jeff said ST is fantastic. Have my second unearthly chilling now for later on.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

My last bottle of Alley Kat Green Dragon DIPA. Brewery are all sold out and only one liquor store in Edmonton has stock; and they only have 3 cases!!!

Knee Deep Brewing HOPTOLOGIST DIPA. Bags of tropical fruit on the nose, reminds me of a fruit salad mixed with a hint of cat pee. Great sweet malt to balance the hops on the palate, and all ends dry & bitter. Nice :)
Last edited by Torontoblue on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

so far a bottle of vitus, double hop head, friends homdbrewed coffee porter and his amber ale. I think thats a night. Vitus by the way is one badass beer. if you enjoy wheat beers this is a must. Reminds me of hopfen weisse without the hopfen.

J343MY

Post by J343MY »

Earlier today, matt7215's galaxy IPA and now the first bottle of my Kate the Great inspired Imperial Stout, and one of the last bottles of my bourbon vanilla porter.