Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

A Brasseurs Du Monde Saison Imperiale, my first from this brewer, a very nice strong saison.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

A likely incomplete list of the things I had to drink this weekend while in Michigan, at various breweries/bars:

Friday, Founders/Hopcat

Founders Porter
Founders Breakfast Stout
Founders Galactic Ale
Founders Freestyle Ale
Founders "Unseasonal" Wheat Ale
Bells Oberon

Saturday, Bell's/Kalamazoo Beer Exchange

Bell's:
Wild One
Best Brown
2 Experimental beers, a pale ale and a dark ale
and Short's Publican Porter

Sunday, at Dark Horse:

Plead the 5th
Raspberry Ale
Blend of Crooked Tree and Crooked Tree DIPA
Thirsty Trout Porter
Crooked Tree DIPA

I think that's it. What a weekend.

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

Earlier today w/ Streets @ the Judge during their Chilifest:

Black Oak Pale - perfect beer to start off with on the patio
FM Smashbomb

Later @ home w/ electroluminescent + significant others:
Sam Adams New World Tripel
LTM Porter Baltique

After they left I noticed some of each left in the bottles so now I'm drinking a rather interesting custom-made Belgian Strong Dark.

elproducto

Post by elproducto »

jprime wrote:So I went to the Whole Foods in Orlando. I was looking at the beer and a guy walked up and asked if itd like a Hopslam while I looked. They had one keg that they just opened. Obviously the answer is yes so he poured me an 8 oz glass. Walked around the grocery store sipping on a Hopslam. Pretty great shoping experience.

At the house we rented:

Cigar City Jai Alai IPA
Cigar City Maduro Oatmeal Brown Ale x 2
I was just in Florida last week, and drank a shit tonne of the Jai Alai, what a fantastic IPA. Smuggled a couple back

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Over the weekend at various bars in Ann Arbor:

Bell's Third Coast Beer (draught)
Founders All Day IPA (bottle)
Jolly Pumpkin Bam Biere (draught)
Bell's Two Hearted Ale (draught)
Flying Dog Road Dog Porter (bottle)
Bell's Winter White Ale (draught)
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

jprime wrote:So I went to the Whole Foods in Orlando. I was looking at the beer and a guy walked up and asked if itd like a Hopslam while I looked. They had one keg that they just opened. Obviously the answer is yes so he poured me an 8 oz glass. Walked around the grocery store sipping on a Hopslam. Pretty great shoping experience.
Open consumption! :evil: Did you commit any violent or criminal acts as a result of this in-store sample? Rape any cats? Rob any banks? :lol:
In Beerum Veritas

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

Belgian wrote:Open consumption! :evil: Did you commit any violent or criminal acts as a result of this in-store sample? Rape any cats? Rob any banks? :lol:
The Whole Foods in downtown Austin has a massive walk-in beer cooler with a very impressive selection. This is next to the in-store BBQ joint that has 4 craft beers on tap. And across the aisle from the BBQ joint is a beer and wine bar with another 8-12 taps. And in the glassware and plateware aisle was a nice selection of US craft and Belgian glassware. It was pretty much the end of civilization as we know it, I somehow made it out alive.

"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!" (Peter Venkman - Ghostbusters)
Last edited by markaberrant on Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Streets

Post by Streets »

Cale wrote:Earlier today w/ Streets @ the Judge during their Chilifest:

A Pint of Smashbomb and one and one of Boneshaker.

There was a very nice variety of chili. I think best in show was a tossup between Mary's pineapple chili and the smoked "chili in a box".

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

Drinking a pint of trafalgar esb. Nice beer. Certainly english in malt and yeast character, but the hops have a distinct american citrus element.

kafercrazy

Post by kafercrazy »

2010 Peche Mortel.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

700th review tonight. Dominis Vobiscum Double. Just as great as some
Belgians.

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

finished a bottle of black creek stout and a fresh bottle of nugget nector. up next is a 3 week old bottle of hoptimum. Was suprised to see this at consumers as a 4 pack.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

The Bitter Truth ESB from Alley Kat. Nice Hop/Malt profile...and at 4.9% it's a nice sessionable "ESB".

LondonBeer

Post by LondonBeer »

Sn ruthless rye. Has some pepper from the rye and nice citrus from the hops. Def buy again.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

TheBeeraholic wrote:700th review tonight. Dominis Vobiscum Double. Just as great as some
Belgians.
Do you post your reviews? RB? BA?