Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

Post by G.M. Gillman »

F & M's Stone Hammer pilsener, at Volo. Excellent beer with signature German hopping that has the classic grass and slight funky note some noble hops have but without hitting you over the head. Good lagers are not that common in Ontario and this one is just right. There is a dark ale under the F&M Stone Hammer banner that is tasting great too these days. The regular products in the line are much improved IMO.

Gary
Gary Gillman

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Trying a Kriek de Ranke from my case I just picked up.
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

ritzkiss

Post by ritzkiss »

Friday afternoon working session at The Only:

Amsterdam Bawse Pilsner (last pour!)
Amsterdam Oktoberfest
Beaus & Jordan's Staghorn (replaced the Bawse Pils)

Digging the Staghorn, some nice complexity that's working for me.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Just got over a cold and I am recovering tonight with a good dose of Vitamin C from a Hill Farmstead Society & Solitude #5. Delicious!

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

After cycling 60k today in Caledon,

Cameron's BBA Deviator Doppelbock,
And maybe Dunham's IRS after that.

Edit: Nope - found a few Harry Porter Bourbon Vanilla Bean bottles I didn't know I had! Woohoo!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

JeffPorter wrote:....found a few Harry Porter Bourbon Vanilla Bean bottles I didn't know I had! Woohoo!
Your cellar must be pretty awesome if that's something you just forgot about!

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

Brooklyn Sorachi. Nothing crazy, but a decent enough Saison. Oh, and why does my iPad feel the need to capitalize Saison?

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

boney wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:....found a few Harry Porter Bourbon Vanilla Bean bottles I didn't know I had! Woohoo!
It isn't - I just stashed a few bottles in a box with some other less notable stuff and forgot about it I guess.

Still drinking quite well, though...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

@Kickoff
Rogue Chatoe Dirtoir Black Lager
Fantastic beer. Coffee coffee coffee with a bitter finish.
St Ambroise Oatmeal stout - great shape.
GRB Highballer - best pumpkin out there
Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

JeffPorter wrote:
boney wrote:
It isn't - I just stashed a few bottles in a box with some other less notable stuff and forgot about it I guess.

Still drinking quite well, though...
Still, awesome discovery, man. That would totally make my day.

Drinking Bellwoods Barrel Aged Grandma's Boy Sour Tripel with Yellow Plums. Simply put, this is the shit. The plums are subtle but noticable and the sourness is understated, but this may be the most wine-like beer I've ever had. Like a super oaky chardonnay with just enough malt character to know you are still drining a beer. I love these guys!

ritzkiss

Post by ritzkiss »

Tacking on a Mill St Wit and a Firestone Walker Parabola 2011 to make for a good beer Friday. Happy weekend!

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

black creek pumpkin
trafalgar fresh hop x3
wellington imperial stout...damn this is tasting good right now.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

boney wrote: Drinking Bellwoods Barrel Aged Grandma's Boy Sour Tripel with Yellow Plums. Simply put, this is the shit.
Glad to hear, boney, I've got two of those waiting for me. Does it seem to you like it might benefit from a little time in the bottle? I thought of drinking one now, and saving one for later.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Few birthday beers down in Whitefish:

Ninkasi Total Domination IPA (Tap)
Deschutes Mirror Pond (Tap)
Great Northern Brewing Fred's Black Lager (Tap)
Great Northern Packstring Porter (Tap)
Great Northern Good Medicine Imperial Red Ale
Great Northern Frog Hop Fresh Hop Pale Ale (bottled October 2nd!!!)
Deschutes Black Butte Porter (bottle, $1.99 for a 650ml!!!!!)

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

JeffPorter wrote:
boney wrote: Drinking Bellwoods Barrel Aged Grandma's Boy Sour Tripel with Yellow Plums. Simply put, this is the shit.
Glad to hear, boney, I've got two of those waiting for me. Does it seem to you like it might benefit from a little time in the bottle? I thought of drinking one now, and saving one for later.

I put a few down in the cellar to see what they taste like next year. Should be interesting to see what happens!
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"