Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Streets

Post by Streets »

Cale stopped by last night and we sampled some of his homebrewed IPA which was very good, and then split a bottle of Shipyard XXXX IPA which I didn't enjoy quite as much.

Thanks again for helping out! ;)

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Last night at home:
Deschutes Obsidian Stout
Lagunitas DayTime IPA
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

Nasty Habit. Not sure about this one. Get a not-too-pleasant veggie aroma from it. Taste is alright, but malt seems a bit all over the place.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Hotel bar in Spokane, Post Street Ale House has the Elysian Pumpkin Ale Roadshow visiting today, with the grand tapping of a beer filled pumpkin later tonight. This afternoon, I got there early and tried the following on tap:

Southern Tier Pumking
Elysian/Ninkasi Hop Squash Pumpkin IPA - The Sorachi Ace just overpowered everything. As an IPA, it worked well...but as a pumpkin ale......not so much.
Bear Valley Jackolope. Bad lines created a mess of a beer.
Elysian Hansel & Gretel. Great, fresh ginger flavour mixing well with the pumpkin & spices.
Elysian Great Pumpkin Ale.
Elysian Blight. This is as good as the ST Pumkin, IMO. Great spice & sugar flavours. Very more-ish.
Elysian Gourdfather. Like Thomas Hardy Ale on steroids, with a hint of spice. Fantastic ale.

Back for the pumpkin tapping shortly........................

kafercrazy

Post by kafercrazy »

Westmalle Tripel

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

The new Barley Days dark ale. Far more flavourful than Wind and Sail was.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Oh my friends - Just put the kiddles to bed and cracked a 10BY - trying to get through my remaining ones - they've held up remarkably well since June.

I had one the other night with a stubby of Witchshark bottled on Sept 21, and while witchshark tastes fresher, there's not much difference between the two in bottles.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Was at a LCBO in Kitchener and they have Boneshaker bottle two days ago... good god this is tasting great!
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Three year old Old Rasputin to wash down some 20011 MacAuslan Vintage Ale, which was drinking sublimely.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Bell's Oberon. Dig this beer. One of my best memories of summers past was killing a mini keg of this while lounging in a pool on a 30+ day. Not quite the same today, but still tasty.

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Fuller's London Porter, really tasty
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

iguenard wrote:Three year old Old Rasputin to wash down some 20011 MacAuslan Vintage Ale, which was drinking sublimely.
Yeah I missed your beer run trip to the 200th century. Have fun?

In Beerum Veritas

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

Saw D.O.A. on the Hamilton leg of their "Farewell" tour at the Casbah. Had a Spearhead Moroccan Brown, Junction Craft Conductors Craft Ale and a Church Key Holy Smoke Scotch Ale. All very nice, including all the bands.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

andrewrg wrote:
Awesome. What stole the show?