Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Streets

Post by Streets »

velovampire wrote:
matt7215 wrote:
kafercrazy wrote:Mill St. Cobblestone Stout.

Nice stout, except for it exploding all over my kitchen counter :o :o
mine did that too :(
And mine. But I was ready the next time...
That's strange, i've had three so far this week and no problems with exploding cans. I grabbed mine from the chilled fridge section at the LCBO so they were fairly cold when I opened them. The nitrogen did a great job and produced an extremely fine creamy head that provided a beautiful blanket for the beer. Were yours cold when you opened them?
Last edited by Streets on Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

G.M. Gillman wrote:...Molson Stock Ale...

I'll taste beers like this maybe once a year but I like to try them occasionally.

Gary
Say what you want about the macros, I really like this beer. Only comes in 24s. I buy a case every couple of years.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

last night:

Kilkenny @ the Black Badger

Grand River Plowmans @ the Kiwi

the new Kiwi in Cambridge (slight name change from when it was the Golden Kiwi) was depressing

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

DDC Herbe a D'etourne: still solid, nice hit of Citra, though I'd like to try this fresh at some point.
GI Matilda: not one of the best of the GI Belgians. Maltier, bready, not much brett. Maybe should have let it sit for a bit.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

andrewrg wrote:GI Matilda: not one of the best of the GI Belgians. Maltier, bready, not much brett. Maybe should have let it sit for a bit.
I had the exact same observations with this one.

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

sprague11 wrote:
andrewrg wrote:GI Matilda: not one of the best of the GI Belgians. Maltier, bready, not much brett. Maybe should have let it sit for a bit.
I dunno, I think it is pretty damn good, but gets better with time. I split a case with some guys last year. I even liked the original non-brett version that came out years ago.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

homebrewed oak aged mead (18.1% abv)

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

sprague11 wrote:
I had a year old bottle that I bought off the shelf it was fanatastic. Next time I picked up a 4 pack from 2012, and didnt enjoy it nearly as much. certainly one that needs abit of age on it.

Philip1

Post by Philip1 »

I bought a couple of Headstrong Pale Ales this week as they are on a "clearance sale" throughout the LCBO for $1.85. This is the first time in a couple of years I've had this beer but I remember it quite well. Either they've radically changed it for the worse or I just got two off cans. Both were drain pours. :x

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Hellwoods! Another home run for Bellwoods. Thanks Andrew!

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

having an oast house saison right now. wonderful bottle conditioned ale. interesting yeast character and very spritzy. will be stopping by the brewery again soon.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

phat matt wrote:having an oast house saison right now. wonderful bottle conditioned ale. interesting yeast character and very spritzy. will be stopping by the brewery again soon.
is the brewery open?

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

matt7215 wrote:
phat matt wrote:having an oast house saison right now. wonderful bottle conditioned ale. interesting yeast character and very spritzy. will be stopping by the brewery again soon.
is the brewery open?
they had there grand opening today. also had a tap pouring a pale ale, and doing growler fills. the pale ale was very nice. big hop flavor and aroma, and the bitterness was very mild. at 5% would make a great session beer.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Opening a Cuvée Van De Keizer Blauw and what a nice BSA, has some nice complex layers over the big deep fruit sweetness.

This will age a few years, it seems little young. Thanks R+R!!
In Beerum Veritas

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

@Kickoff
Spearhead
NB Pie eyed Pumpkin
GRB Plowmans Ale
@home
Two Hearted Ale
Boot Chuck IPA
DFH Indian Brown Ale