Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

nickelass wrote:GLB Karma Citra
Bellwoods Fall Saison
What's the fall saison like? I heard it was dark...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

JeffPorter wrote:
Bellwoods Fall Saison
It was pretty good. Darker and complex in it's own way. Nice bitter finish though.
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Does it have the good funk that their Farmhouse Saison has?
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Yesterday at Bar Hop and beerbistro with some London friends:
Great Lakes Karma Citra (draught)
Rogue Mocha Porter (draught)
Muskoka Mad Tom IPA (draught)
Saison Dupont (bottle)
Chatoe Rogue OREgasmic Ale (draught)
Firestone Walker Double Jack IPA (bottle)
Rogue Dead Guy Ale (draught)
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

Post by G.M. Gillman »

At beer bistro, Chatoe Rogue OREgasmic, also Mort Subite Kriek, both draft. Both top-quality. The Rogue is very drinkable, full-flavoured with layered, fresh hop flavour. Although not advertised as such, it has a wet hop character, which is all to the good.

The kriek was super-fresh, a little sweet and not really gueuze-like but with a complex tangy "fresh harvest" cherry taste.

Gary
Gary Gillman

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

G.M. Gillman wrote:At beer bistro, Rogue's Chateau Rogue OREgasmic, also Mort Subite Kriek, both draft. Both top-quality. The Rogue is very drinkable, full-flavoured with layered, fresh hop flavour. Although not advertised as such, it has a wet hop character, which is all to the good.

The kriek was super-fresh, a little sweet and not really gueuze-like but with a complex tangy "fresh harvest" cherry taste.

Gary
the reason the kreik was not gueze like is because it is a back sweetened candy lambic, made for people you do not enjoy pure lambic

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

Great Lakes 25th Anny IBIPA

Very impressed. Dangerously smooth and very well balanced. I'll be back for a few more bottles before it disappears forever.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Nickel Brook Amarillo Saison
Black Oak Pineapple Coconut Pale
Orval 2008
In Beerum Veritas

Droogy

Post by Droogy »

JeffPorter wrote:
Bellwoods Fall Saison
Fall Saison was very good. Their Belgian dubbel also great (toil and trouble I believe it is called).

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Sierra Nevada Stout
Founders Breakfast Stout
GLB 25th BIPA
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

21st Amendment Back in Black with Du Hast on the "juke box" (on my "dime") in a North Beach curry house/Irish pub.
California kicks ass!!
Full report coming in local beer guides follow up later.

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

Post by G.M. Gillman »

I knew that sweetening of some kind was added to the Mort Subite Kriek but still I thought it would show more lambic character.

The next time I have this I will blend it with the same house's gueuze, available in the bottle at beer bistro.

Gary
Gary Gillman

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

G.M. Gillman wrote:I knew that sweetening of some kind was added to the Mort Subite Kriek but still I thought it would show more lambic character.

The next time I have this I will blend it with the same house's gueuze, available in the bottle at beer bistro.

Gary
that gueze is also sweetened, best bet would be to blend it with some lindemans cuvee rene

Streets

Post by Streets »

My Vegas trip has been fairly disappointing so far...

Got stuck in terminal 3 leaving Pearson(new Mill St. pub is in 1) and had a couple Beck's bottles. There's nothing decent in any of a hotel bars, but the gift shop sells Paulener Heffe and Sierra Nevada Pale... So far my best score has been finding an oasis of Arrogant Bastard bombers at the gas station across the street from the hotel. :)

Although it has been liberating to walk around outside drinking my beer without getting 'boney'd' ;)

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

If nothing else hit Walgreens on the strip, good bomber selection
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole