Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Streets

Post by Streets »

Thanks for the tip, almost went to a brew pub last night but then I checked their offerings and wasn't really interested in the selection (mostly German styles). I'm staying off strip at the LVH for a show at the convention center, but hopefully will make it to the strip tomorrow before I leave!

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Streets wrote:Although it has been liberating to walk around outside drinking my beer without getting 'boney'd' ;)
God damn, that just made me laugh.

I don't try to break the law on purpose, I just have a very European sensibility.

Have a good trip!

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

boney wrote:
Streets wrote:Although it has been liberating to walk around outside drinking my beer without getting 'boney'd' ;)
God damn, that just made me laugh.

I don't try to break the law on purpose, I just have a very European sensibility.

Have a good trip!
I laughed too, I can still hear the "Oi! Oi! Oi!" behind us.

Sean, you should try to hit up Aces and Ales or the Freakin' Frog in Vegas, I hear they are pretty good.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Tonight at home:
Shepherd Neame Christmas Ale - beautifully rich, fruity, and balanced Winter Warmer, almost full-bodied, with a subtle Christmas cake character and nearly untraceable ABV. Spot on for the style.
St-Ambroise Scotch Ale - decent medium-bodied Scotch Ale with a smoky/peaty malt body and drying hop finish, but the sweetness and high carbonation don't do it for me. No head or lace on my pour. Meh.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

At Squatter's Pub in snowy Park City:

Hop Rising DIPA
Full Suspension Pale Ale
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

GLB Karma Citra
FFF Zombie Dust

Good times.

kafercrazy

Post by kafercrazy »

St. Ambroise Vintage Ale 2012.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

kafercrazy wrote:St. Ambroise Vintage Ale 2012.
hows this drinking fresh??

kafercrazy

Post by kafercrazy »

matt7215 wrote:
kafercrazy wrote:St. Ambroise Vintage Ale 2012.
hows this drinking fresh??
pretty delicious ... dark fruits, caramel with a slight hop character in the background. I kept a few more for later...

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

had some ithaca flower power last night.. 6.74$ for a 6-pack at walmart in NY. crazy.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Bellwoods Monogamy (Calypso) - Nice, but I preferred Summit a little more.
Box Steam Funnel Blower - A little too much Vanilla for my liking, but it has a great roast note it plays off.
St. Ambroise Vintage 2007 - This may be just past its peak, but wow is it ever good.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Last night at home:
Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock
Garrison Imperial IPA

Both purchased at the Yorkdale/Wilson Ave LCBO. This place has a surprisingly good selection, and 99% of it's refrigerated. I think it might become my new go-to store since it's only 10 minutes from my office. Also the only 'BO that has Yellow Snow right now.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Les Trois Mousquetaires Oktoberfest, pretty good although for regular-ABV Okto I like the American examples better. Too much of the signature LTM grape-like flavor just IMHO.
In Beerum Veritas

kafercrazy

Post by kafercrazy »

Le Grimoire Deserables

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

cratez wrote:
Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock
Just me, or did this have a very thin release? I haven't seen it on the shelves once.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John