Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Last night at home:
Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
Rogue Yellow Snow IPA
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout
JeffPorter wrote: Just me, or did this have a very thin release? I haven't seen it on the shelves once.
Yeah it was the first time I saw it around so I didn't hesitate to grab a few bottles. They also had the Great Lakes Black IPA, LTM Weizenbock and Oktoberfest, and Brooklyn BCS. I was quite impressed!
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

cratez wrote:Last night at home:
Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
Rogue Yellow Snow IPA
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout
JeffPorter wrote: Just me, or did this have a very thin release? I haven't seen it on the shelves once.
Yeah it was the first time I saw it around so I didn't hesitate to grab a few bottles. They also had the Great Lakes Black IPA, LTM Weizenbock and Oktoberfest, and Brooklyn BCS. I was quite impressed!

Brooklyn BCS - can't believe it's been almost two long years since I last held you...come home to daddy, sweetheart!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Yes, it's only noon, but enjoying an RPA while the baking chocolate chop cookies for the Church Bazaar tomorrow and while the baby thumbs through a copy of Audacity of Hope.

Don't judge.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

cmadd

Post by cmadd »

JeffPorter wrote:Yes, it's only noon, but enjoying an RPA while the baking chocolate chop cookies for the Church Bazaar tomorrow and while the baby thumbs through a copy of Audacity of Hope.

Don't judge.
Sounds like the American Dream.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Yeah, but I'm listening to a Beastie Boys record while baking, so still bad-ass...

But, you know, the trick is a 1:2:3 ratio of sugar, butter, and flour. Also, I find most people bake their cookies way too long...10-12 minutes @ 350 tops!

I...I'm a bit of a woman...

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

JeffPorter wrote:Yeah, but I'm listening to a Beastie Boys record while baking, so still bad-ass...

But, you know, the trick is a 1:2:3 ratio of sugar, butter, and flour. Also, I find most people bake their cookies way too long...10-12 minutes @ 350 tops!

Jeff's kidding, he's a lot of woman. Besides I want to really want to make some cookies because store cookies suck - good tips.

I bought 2X6 of Brooklyn Oktoberfest, I think Maerzenbier is becoming my session. Plus it makes good Kraut.
In Beerum Veritas

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

RPA! Drinking nicely.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

After dinner and putting down the baby:

Bolshevik Bastard - I bought like 12 of these, and for some reason, the beer surprises me every time. It's sort of indistinct because it's not super hoppy like Tempest, but it really is classic RIS.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Belgian wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:Yeah, but I'm listening to a Beastie Boys record while baking, so still bad-ass...

Jeff's kidding, he's a lot of woman. Besides I want to really want to make some cookies because store cookies suck - good tips.
It's one of those things like pie dough - seems like a lot of work at first, but then you realize it's stupidly easy, and you can do it in as much time as it takes to make a simple pasta dish. FWIW, best book on the subject of ratios in cooking is

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

JeffPorter wrote:Yes, it's only noon, but enjoying an RPA while the baking chocolate chop cookies for the Church Bazaar tomorrow.
Yeah, but I'm listening to a Beastie Boys record while baking, so still bad-ass...
I've got more chocolate than J.D.'s got Salinger.

Stopped by Grand River today. Grabbed a Mill Race Mild bottled today, and just had a Russian Gun bottled yesterday and a Russian Gun bottled Nov 23, 2011. Pretty similar, but the year-old has smoother edges, I like it with a bit of age.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

jprime

Post by jprime »

Taking it easy after last evening at the hospital and nursing a lung infection:

With Joel at home:

camerons RPA
GLB Karma Citra
GLB Distrubing the Peach

heebes

Post by heebes »

JeffPorter wrote:After dinner and putting down the baby:

Bolshevik Bastard - I bought like 12 of these, and for some reason, the beer surprises me every time. It's sort of indistinct because it's not super hoppy like Tempest, but it really is classic RIS.
is Tempest a Russian Imperial? it drank very much American to me, almost like a "Twice as", an amped up stout but not quite Imperial to me, if you know what i mean. just curious your thoughts, not trying to call out style arguments.

yesterday had a Rye PA at lunch too

cmadd

Post by cmadd »

heebes wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:After dinner and putting down the baby:

is Tempest a Russian Imperial? it drank very much American to me, almost like a "Twice as", an amped up stout but not quite Imperial to me, if you know what i mean. just curious your thoughts, not trying to call out style arguments.

yesterday had a Rye PA at lunch too
I feel just the same as you do. It's a hoppy rye double stout.

Streets

Post by Streets »

Sipped on a Hop Henge Experimental IPA while strolling around the Vegas strip the other night.

And some Arrogant Bastard.

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

last night...

ltm oktoberfest
meantime porter