Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

jprime wrote:Taking it easy after last evening at the hospital and nursing a lung infection:

With Joel at home:

camerons RPA
GLB Karma Citra
GLB Distrubing the Peach
Nothing goes with antibiotics like liqah!

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

cmadd wrote:
heebes wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:After dinner and putting down the baby:

Bolshevik Bastard - I bought like 12 of these, and for some reason, the beer surprises me every time. It's sort of indistinct because it's not super hoppy like Tempest, but it really is classic RIS.
is Tempest a Russian Imperial? it drank very much American to me, almost like a "Twice as", an amped up stout but not quite Imperial to me, if you know what i mean. just curious your thoughts, not trying to call out style arguments.

yesterday had a Rye PA at lunch too
I feel just the same as you do. It's a hoppy rye double stout.
Just to clarify - the "it" that's a classic RIS, I was referring to BB, not Tempest - Tempest (at least this year's) is American all the way, IMHO.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

jprime

Post by jprime »

boney wrote:
jprime wrote:Taking it easy after last evening at the hospital and nursing a lung infection:

With Joel at home:

camerons RPA
GLB Karma Citra
GLB Distrubing the Peach
No antibiotics. Hoping my body will take care of it on its own. Plus is a virus.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

today at Brunch at 3030 - Karma Citra

(these guys just keep getting better and better with both food and beer - apparently they're going to bring in some casks this winter.)

At home this evening:

RPA
GLB 25th Porter
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

homemade oak aged mead

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

jprime wrote:
boney wrote:

With Joel at home:

camerons RPA
GLB Karma Citra
GLB Distrubing the Peach
No antibiotics. Hoping my body will take care of it on its own. Plus is a virus.
Ah. Was assuming it was a bacterial pneumonia. Just kidding around. Hope your length of stay in the ER wasn't too unbearable and you have a speedy revovery.

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

Polishing off my (last?) bottle of '02 Fringante. As to be expected, next to no carbonation when compared to a new Unibroue ale, but there's no mistaking whose yeast is at work here. Had I known it was there, I would have been wise to open it a couple of years ago. Still packs quite the punch, but the flavours are very subdued. Rather dry finish to it; don't remember the original being like that.

Did also notice at least one other '02 bottle in that corner of the cellar, but this time the Terrible. Will have to crack it open along with a new one to fully appreciate how much it's changed over the decade.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

jprime wrote:
boney wrote:

With Joel at home:

camerons RPA
GLB Karma Citra
GLB Distrubing the Peach

Ahhh, wouldn`t it be more fun if it were something more serious? A good virus is ok, but a simple pill eradicates that...... why not develop an auto-immune disease like me? Its a lot of fun and it keeps the docs guessing!!! One that doctors can't diagnose for nearly a month.....then, as an added bonus once you get diagnosed, maybe you can find out you have 3 or 4 severely enlarged lymphnodes in your lungs, and likely will be scarred in a permanent manner. One of the best days of my life I tell ya!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

jprime

Post by jprime »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
jprime wrote:
boney wrote: Nothing goes with antibiotics like liqah!

Ahhh, wouldn`t it be more fun if it were something more serious? A good virus is ok, but a simple pill eradicates that......
Antibiotics or any other medication has no effect on a virus. Sounds you got a shitty deal.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

+1 for auto-immune diseases!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

JeffPorter wrote:+1 for auto-immune diseases!
Yeah baby! And what Steelback said.
In Beerum Veritas

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

2012 Grand River Russian Gunn

Streets

Post by Streets »

2011 St. Ambroise RIS

Mmmmmmmmmkk

Edit: Oops, meant 2011 from the last LCBO release. :oops:
Last edited by Streets on Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

DDC - Grande Noirceur RIS. Really good stuff and you can't be the price. 9.99 for 4, I'll be buying more before it's gone.

Kekumba

Post by Kekumba »

Mill St Stock Ale
Beau's Barrel Aged Beaver River

Not much hop flavour left in the Beaver River.