Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

just finishing a church key holy smoke. I bought this at the lcbo last week, and must say I am very impressed with this one. Nice peat flavors that are in balance with some dark fruit character. After a few dissapointing church key beers. I must say this one is very nice. Up next is a bottle of tempest.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Last night
Weihenstephaner Kristal Weiss
Stereovision (2x) - Digging this batch
GLB Puzzler - Picked up a little bit of disagreeable phenolics (might just be my palate) in the finish, but otherwise top notch

Tonight
Stereovision
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout (2010) - Last bottle of this, the new stuff can't hit the shelves soon enough
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

Fat Head's Head Hunter IPA. Damn. This is good.

kafercrazy

Post by kafercrazy »

Charlevoix DV Hibernus
2011 ST Choklat

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Worked a ridiculous 58 hrs between 6am Friday and 9am this morning. After a nap, I am now having a GLB 25th Anniversary Impy Black IPA to celebrate surviving.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Yesterday at The Morrissey House while watching the Eastern Final:
2 x Rogue Brutal IPA (draught)

Then at Bryden's:
Great Lakes The Devil Made Me Dry Hop It (cask)
Great Lakes Karma Citra Single Hop IPA (draught)
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

skaghevn wrote:Polishing off my (last?) bottle of '02 Fringante. As to be expected, next to no carbonation when compared to a new Unibroue ale, but there's no mistaking whose yeast is at work here. Had I known it was there, I would have been wise to open it a couple of years ago. Still packs quite the punch, but the flavours are very subdued. Rather dry finish to it; don't remember the original being like that.

Did also notice at least one other '02 bottle in that corner of the cellar, but this time the Terrible. Will have to crack it open along with a new one to fully appreciate how much it's changed over the decade.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Sierra Nevada Northern Hemisphere Harvest Ale.

Really nice flavour profile on this one....

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

After a 15-hour work day I was in the mood for something strong. Went with this year's St-Ambroise Vintage Ale, which IMO is the tastiest incarnation since the '09 release. I found the last two years to be boozy-malty forgettable messes, but the '12 delivers everything the label promises and more. Aromas jump out of the glass with candied fruit, apricot, sherry, plum, orange peel, and cherries coming to the fore. Big rich maltiness and full-bodied mouthfeel are rounded out with a grassy-earthy hop astringency. Excellent take on the style and one of the better Vintages that I've had.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Was at Wvrst last night and had a couple casks of GLB Winter Ale - man, awesome fresh and especially on cask.

Also, didn't realize that Wvrst had a cask engine now.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Had my first Cobblestone can last night, good beer - wonder if anyone has considered doing oversize cans for nitro stouts so you don't lose that last ounce, just doesn't look as nice as it could

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

BBCS now showing stock on the lcbo system
icemachine wrote:Last night
Weihenstephaner Kristal Weiss
Stereovision (2x) - Digging this batch
GLB Puzzler - Picked up a little bit of disagreeable phenolics (might just be my palate) in the finish, but otherwise top notch

Tonight
Stereovision
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout (2010) - Last bottle of this, the new stuff can't hit the shelves soon enough

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

wow, just picked up that 12 pack of Unibroue beers that iguenard posted for 14.99$.. what a deal!

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Wow - wish that was available down here

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Mill Street Cobblestone Stout
Bellwoods Fall Saison
Bellwoods Monogamy Calypso
Bellwoods Hellwoods
Rodenbach Grand Cru
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"