Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

munrets

Post by munrets »

Lagunitas Sucks followed by a FW Double Jack. Probably my favourite two beers.

Incredible how they are both big, BIG hoppy beers yet so different.

Ain't beer grand?

Streets

Post by Streets »

Cale wrote:
And brought home:

case of Lagunitas Sucks
Haha, so you just moved the trip up? No international holidays are going to get between Mel and her case of Sucks!

Just some mad Tom at home tonight watching silent Hill and Wreck It Ralph in 3-D

Lecocq

Post by Lecocq »

Flying Monkeys Stereovision
Cheval Blanc
St Ambroise Apricot

jprime

Post by jprime »

Cale wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote: 50/50 Eclipse Buffalo Trace (2011)
Saw some Eclipse at Premier but find it impossible to justify the price. People think the GLB stout is bad! Sheesh.

@ Cole's today:

Founders Imp. Stout
Ithaca Flower Power
Firestone Walker Union Jack
Dogfish Head My Antonia

and brought home:

case of Lagunitas Sucks
a bunch of Maine Beer Co.
Evil Twin Imperial Biscotti Break that the guy at Premier was reluctant to give me, due to only getting a case - this one has been near the top of list of beers-to-try for a while and I was grinning like an idiot when I got it
many others

No duty again - think it's been about a year since the last time we paid. Not sure what our secret is.

Really happy to see Maine Beer Co. and have easy access to Victory at Sea. Buffalo trips have been getting better and better.

Currently having a Zoe from Maine Beer Co. Delicious. I hope we get their MO and Lunch.
Thats awesome that they have Maine Beer Co now. Zoe and Lunch are 2 of my favorites. MO and Pepper are great too. Have a mean ol tom in the cellar.

jprime

Post by jprime »

Yesterday with matt:

Junction Craft Cascadian Dark Ale
Uinta Crooked Line Cockeyed Cooper
Cigar City Bolita Brown Double Nut Brown Ale
Kuhnhenn American Imperial Stout (one of the finest beer i ever put in my mouth)

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

yesterday with jprime:
Junction Craft Cascadian Dark Ale
Cigar City Bolita Brown Double Nut Brown Ale
Uinta Crooked Line Cockeyed Cooper
Kuhnhenn American Imperial Stout

back at home:
Junction Craft Conductors Craft Ale
Sierra Nevada Narwhal Imperial Stout

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Cale wrote:
Currently having a Zoe from Maine Beer Co. Delicious. I hope we get their MO and Lunch.
Maine Beer is in Buffalo now???? It seems like something great is added to distribution in WNY every week these days...

I've wanted to try Lunch for a long time, so hopefully that does show up some time soon.

As for the Eclipse, yeah I agree the price is extremely high. The Buffalo Trace was one of my least favourite of the 5 or 6 I've tried so far ... which makes me wonder if there is something about Buffalo Trace barrels that doesn't appeal to me as much as other barrels.

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
Cale wrote:
Maine Beer is in Buffalo now???? It seems like something great is added to distribution in WNY every week these days...

I've wanted to try Lunch for a long time, so hopefully that does show up some time soon.

As for the Eclipse, yeah I agree the price is extremely high. The Buffalo Trace was one of my least favourite of the 5 or 6 I've tried so far ... which makes me wonder if there is something about Buffalo Trace barrels that doesn't appeal to me as much as other barrels.
Yeah, grabbed some Peeper and King Titus here yesterday. They've already sold out of the Zoe and they've got some Mean Old Tom on the shelves still.

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:Maine Beer is in Buffalo now???? It seems like something great is added to distribution in WNY every week these days...
Agreed.

Buffalo currently has Zoe, Peeper, Mean Old Tom, and King Titus. They had everything but the Zoe at Premier, not sure if they sold out or hadn't restocked yet, but there was plenty(ish) of everything at Consumers (where I got my Zoe) and I imagine the VBMs have some as well.
A shark on whisky is mighty risky. A shark on beer is a beer engineer.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Cale wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:Maine Beer is in Buffalo now???? It seems like something great is added to distribution in WNY every week these days...
Agreed.

Buffalo currently has Zoe, Peeper, Mean Old Tom, and King Titus. They had everything but the Zoe at Premier, not sure if they sold out or hadn't restocked yet, but there was plenty(ish) of everything at Consumers (where I got my Zoe) and I imagine the VBMs have some as well.
That's great news! King Titus is excellent!

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Over the last week:
The Bruery Saison Rue
Fat Head's Head Hunter IPA
Sierra Nevada Estate Homegrown Wet Hop Ale
Ballast Point Sculpin India Pale Ale

Yesterday at home, Bryden's, and Indie Alehouse:
Propeller IPA
Sawdust City Skinny Dippin' Stout (draught)
Kensington Baldwin FishEYE PA (draught)
Indie Alehouse Zombie Apocalypse (draught)

Right now:
Southern Tier IPA while watching the Sabres play a variation of hockey
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

cratez wrote:Over the last week:
The Bruery Saison Rue
What did you think? One of the best saisons I've had.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Which consumers?

Having gl pompous ass while watching sexy beast.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

sprague11 wrote:Which consumers?
Whenever something new comes in it seems to make it to all of the consumers stores and then it is just a matter of who sells out first.

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

I grabbed mine at the Elmwood location, but as SevenDuffs said they're likely at other locations as well. Might be a good idea to call around. I didn't go to the Elmwood VBM this time like I usually do, but they reported getting it in as well.

Had a Peeper Ale in the late afternoon and having a Flower Power while I make dinner.
A shark on whisky is mighty risky. A shark on beer is a beer engineer.