Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

Boneshaker canned. Tasting great.
Craft beer hipster before it was cool

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Over the weekend at Milos' Craft Beer Emporium:
Silversmith Bang On Bitter (draught)
Forked River Black Beard Stout (sample)
Block Three King Street Saison (draught)
Flying Monkeys Rubus Acerbi (sample)
Le Trou du Diable Angélus (draught)
2010 Southern Tier Back Burner (bottle)

Right now:
Amsterdam Downtown Brown
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Garrison DIPA.. this latest batch (bottled oct 11th) tastes different than I remember. Still quite hoppy but a little sweeter than before.

Also, kind of sad that I picked this up as soon as it was available in my area and it's already 2 months old.

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

Black Magic Woman
Midvinterblot

Lecocq

Post by Lecocq »

St Ambroise IPA

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

spinrsx wrote:Garrison DIPA.. this latest batch (bottled oct 11th) tastes different than I remember. Still quite hoppy but a little sweeter than before.

Also, kind of sad that I picked this up as soon as it was available in my area and it's already 2 months old.
They switched up the recipe earlier this year, I believe. You'll notice it's now sitting at 8%, where it used to be 7%. Still a good beer but I preferred the drier version.

Earlier today:
Maine Beer MO
FW Wookey Jack
Chicory/Vanilla Robust Porter from the HOZER advent calendar.
A shark on whisky is mighty risky. A shark on beer is a beer engineer.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

Bellwoods Catherine Wheel
Bellwoods Random Ale: Zythos/Centennial
"There's always money in the banana stand."

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

spinrsx wrote:Garrison DIPA.. this latest batch (bottled oct 11th) tastes different than I remember. Still quite hoppy but a little sweeter than before.

I had a tap version in August at the Laundromat in Moncton and I argued with the bartender (not Marky) when I first got it that he poured me the wrong beer. It was WAY too sweet. The bottle version I got from the LCBO this weekend was closer to what my memory and notes suggest it used to taste like, but still a bit sweeter, I agree.

heebes

Post by heebes »

Kish84 wrote:Bellwoods Catherine Wheel
Bellwoods Random Ale: Zythos/Centennial
Trying the Random now. I seem to be getting less and less impressed by Bellwoods single hop / double hop pales and even ipas...I know people think they're the greatest but for me Rhyme n Reason is more impressive and most of Great Lakes ipas I even prefer.

kevinlater

Post by kevinlater »

having a cameron's rpa right now. this is just so delicious

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

don't buy the 'Fire In The Rye Roasted Rye Pale Ale' expecting something similar
kevinlater wrote:having a cameron's rpa right now. this is just so delicious

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Dupont Monk's Stout

I picked this up a few months ago. It was over-carbonated, and I didn't think it had an abundance of great flavour.

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

Post by G.M. Gillman »

Too dry, Jordan, almost to the point I had to wonder if "that is the taste" (i.e., did these cases go off I wonder). If it is the taste as per brewery intention, it's not for me.

Durham Black Eye: At Volo on cask, firmly hopped with a dryish but natural-tasting roast-tinged malt quality, emblematic of the style at its best.

Barley Days Cherry Porter: also at Volo, quite consistent over the last few years but I don't really get this, quite thin (or dry again) with a fairly harsh fruity note. I am sure many like it, but not my thing.

Spitfire (keg) Draft: to my surprise, fresh-tasting and excellent. Most English kegs are meh IMO but this one is good, dry/toffee malty with a gathering bitterness that shades into a tartness in a good way. Very drinkable, excellent effort by a legendary English brewer.

Gary
Gary Gillman

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

kevinlater wrote:having a cameron's rpa right now. this is just so delicious
Me too - in a small bottle! Yum! And only 27 bucks for 12!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Bellwoods Random Ale. This is pretty average for Bellwoods' standards.