Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What're you drinking right now?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

In Indianapolis over the last week/weekend:

Bars:
Sun King Fistful of Hops - Must be some damn tiny hands!
Sun King Orisue Pale Ale - Far better, nice hop bite
Flat 12 Half Cycle - Had twice - one of the bars must have had a dirty line as it was far better the second time I tried it
Three Floyds Alpha King - Consistent everywhere I had it - usually the best option on tap everywhere I went
Fat Heads Headhunter
Brugge Trippel
Outliers IPA
Upland Helios (meh)
Rock Bottom Double Down IPA
A crapload of 312 Urban Wheat at a Michigan State Alumin Party
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

Lecocq

Post by Lecocq »

Innis and Gun Treacle (sp?) Porter

Despite positive reviews on both BA and Rate Beer..this was one of my top 2 worst beers ever tasted! Horrible! Half of it was a drain pour. Sorry but I don't see what all the fuss is about?

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Great Lakes Johnny Simcoe (IPA)
Nickel Brook Winey Bastard (Pinot Noir barrel aged RIS)
@ Bar Hop - they have GL Thrust IPA on tap as well, plus the Fruitesse from Liefman's. One of the best bars in our city!
In Beerum Veritas

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Last night at home:
Oakham Ales Citra
Grand River Plowman's Ale
Belgian wrote:...the best bar in our city!
Fixed :wink:
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Last night with Sprague11 and DaPan

Evil Twin Bikini
Sun King Osiris
Troegs Nugget Nectar
Dogfish Head Sixty One
Green Man IPA
Victory DirtWolf
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Belgian wrote:Great Lakes Johnny Simcoe (IPA)
Nickel Brook Winey Bastard (Pinot Noir barrel aged RIS)
@ Bar Hop - they have GL Thrust IPA on tap as well, plus the Fruitesse from Liefman's.
King Pilsner
Bar Hop (Durham) Pourtenious ESB
Kensington Black Market IPA
DDC Aphrodite

I needed all that after watching that pathetic attempt at a game by the Leafs. If it wasn't for work the next day there would have been a shot of bourbon too.
the best bar in our city!
I agree with cratez's edit too... :D

Only thing missing is a nanobrewery. I know they do collabs but... I'm sure space is at a premium there.
lister

Grey

Post by Grey »

Last night: Red Racer IPA (can)
Tonight:
Great Lakes Thrust (on tap at Loose Moose... wow! awesome!)
F&M Stone Hammer Stout (on tap at Loose Moose... I could drink this everyday)
Great Lakes Devil's Pale Ale (can)

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

Crooked Stave St. Bretta (Fall). Great stuff. Would be phenomenal on a hot summer day. This guy can do no wrong in my books. Even read his Masters thesis a couple of months ago. Fun.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

boney wrote:Crooked Stave St. Bretta (Fall). Great stuff. Would be phenomenal on a hot summer day. This guy can do no wrong in my books. Even read his Masters thesis a couple of months ago. Fun.
I'm drinking a Crooked Stave Hop Savant. Delicious. Everything these guys do is fantastic.

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

Post by G.M. Gillman »

Draft McAuslan Oatmeal Stout, very fresh but quite thin, little malt flavour with an acerbic edge (from oatmeal, corn?). I can't recall if it was always like this. Also, Sleeman Light on a Via Rail train. Fresh-tasting, beery but adjunct seemed quite prominent, not my cup of tea. Finally a Maredsous Brune I brought back from Montreal. Thin and acidic, probably had turned in the bottle, since I like the draft here.

Gray
Gary Gillman

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

doesn't the Maredsous Brune have a large best before window? I bought some bottles last year with best before 2015 on them
G.M. Gillman wrote:Draft McAuslan Oatmeal Stout, very fresh but quite thin, little malt flavour with an acerbic edge (from oatmeal, corn?). I can't recall if it was always like this. Also, Sleeman Light on a Via Rail train. Fresh-tasting, beery but adjunct seemed quite prominent, not my cup of tea. Finally a Maredsous Brune I brought back from Montreal. Thin and acidic, probably had turned in the bottle, since I like the draft here.

Gray

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

Post by G.M. Gillman »

Yes it did, and usually that is a guarantee (practically). But something was wrong here. It does happen, I am convinced both Westy and a Rochefort 10 I had last year were off, the Westy was from a bar. It had a taste like mothballs, just didn't seem right even being presumably quite young. Any beer with live yeast can go wonky, I don't mind it really, comes with the territory.
Gary Gillman

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

cratez wrote:
Belgian wrote:...the best bar in our city!
Fixed :wink:
Haha. Though I think the bar (no pun) has been raised in Toronto, it's encouraging when a business idea this solid lands here seemingly out of nowhere.
In Beerum Veritas

Soods

Post by Soods »

Founders Breakfast Stout
Perrin Grapefruit IPA
Perrin Dry Irish Stout
Perrin Malted Milk Ball Imperial Porter

My first time at the Perrin Brewery and it certainly won't be my last. In total they had 22 beers on tap. all of them their own. Many were barrel aged to boot.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:I'm drinking a Crooked Stave Hop Savant. Delicious. Everything these guys do is fantastic.
Hop Savant is fantastic. I usually grab a loose bottle or two or Crooked Stave every time I hit Premier.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo